If we are lucky enough to get the embargo lifted | Vital Football

If we are lucky enough to get the embargo lifted

runner_pie

Vital Reserves Team
before January 31st and if we could sign 3 players, what would your choices be?

I would certainly want a defender and ideally it would be somebody comfortable at centre back and left back. Previously, I would have wanted 2 defenders but I would be inclined to make my other 2 choices a striker and a winger.

We could do with 4 or 5 signings but as things stand, I would definitely take 3 players that improve us. A big 10 day lays ahead.

Creative midfielder whk can buzz behind the forwards and run beyond them.
Solid centre half who's at least 6'2" . We lack height at set pieces.
Never seen Osbourne but we need pace down the flanks.
Target man but mobile big striker.
Three dood signings would be enough.
Push Misom to LB.

Jettison Aborah, Burke, Campbell, Snijders, Dickenson and probably Hollis.
Easier said than done of course.

I don't think we're going to get it lifted in time. I've a horrible feeling that AH is rich, but not rich enough to just write enough cheques out quick enough to beat the deadline.
I don't think Ray Trew ever thought Hardy was rich enough to buy the club and that's why he held out from selling to him for so long.
Really hope I'm wrong, and even if I'm not ,I wouldn't hold it against him, he's doing his best when no-one else wanted to step in.

Assets and cash are different beasts. You can be worth 50m but liquid assets might only be 5m so raising funds could take time, which we do not have.

According to his Twitter, AH said that he was going to be spending £4 million this week and that on the embargo front, things are now out of his hands. He always said that he hoped to be sorted for the last few days of the transfer window.

I think it's less about how rich he is and more about the mess he inherited and has had to sort out in a very short time frame.

Well dome Alan Hardy, he's given is a fighting chance now.
Interviewed yesterday he didn't deny either Kelvin Wilson or Carlton Cole interest and mentioned five new players as being a number he'd like to see in .
Interesting couple of days ahead.

Optipez - 29/1/2017 09:57

Well dome Alan Hardy, he's given is a fighting chance now.
Interviewed yesterday he didn't deny either Kelvin Wilson or Carlton Cole interest and mentioned five new players as being a number he'd like to see in .
Interesting couple of days ahead.

F5 for a few hours tomorrow.

Mark Yeates - a winger from Blackpool- is the first one to put pen to paper. We could do with a decent winger. I vaguely recall him playing for Bradford but don't really know much about him.