If this happens... | Page 4 | Vital Football

If this happens...

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a toss about this PPV thing? It doesn’t affect me - at home I’ll watch any football so I’ll watch the game that’s on Sky Sports Main Event, which is usually the Prem’s better offerings. If a shit, previously untelevised match is now on PPV then I’m not going to watch it, as I’ll be watching the other games.

It’s really for the fans of those untelevised games. We’re paying £10 on iFollow - the only difference is they’ll get a better offering.

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a toss about this PPV thing? It doesn’t affect me - at home I’ll watch any football so I’ll watch the game that’s on Sky Sports Main Event, which is usually the Prem’s better offerings. If a shit, previously untelevised match is now on PPV then I’m not going to watch it, as I’ll be watching the other games.

It’s really for the fans of those untelevised games. We’re paying £10 on iFollow - the only difference is they’ll get a better offering.
Not at all, no. I find some of the comment s bewildering. Vambogills for example is "done with football" if they bring in reserve teams into the league, then he "likes" a post which says we should follow the lead of Bayern Munich (who have a reserve team in their league). He then moans about Sky bringing in PPV for untelivised premiership games, but "likes" a post where someone posts a link to Sky coverage of Gills goals (on an 8 page thread where Gills fans are talking about a game they are watching on PPV!).

Someone else can work that out

I don't care about PPV. I would never pay to watch another team e.g. a premier game but I do PPV for Gills away games. If we ever get back to normal I will probably continue to do that as quite like it.

My argument with premier league PPV is that they are milking the fans. The premier league is awash with money. The could have made it far cheaper, even as a gesture, during these difficult times.

The decision could have been "lets do something for the fans during what will be the shittiest winter ever". "Lets run this at cost (and donate all the money to charities). We can afford it as we spend millions on players. Lets do something right rather than for maximum profit" ........................and then all the chairmen laughed

iFollow is propping up the lower leagues. The Premier league do not need propping up.

They could make a statement in doing something for the fans and charities OR they could milk the fans for profit.

We all know what they will do,

I'm not against B times though - join the pyramid at the same step as AFCW did and Bury are. Work your way up and we'll see you in a few years.

Not at all, no. I find some of the comment s bewildering. Vambogills for example is "done with football" if they bring in reserve teams into the league, then he "likes" a post which says we should follow the lead of Bayern Munich (who have a reserve team in their league). He then moans about Sky bringing in PPV for untelivised premiership games, but "likes" a post where someone posts a link to Sky coverage of Gills goals (on an 8 page thread where Gills fans are talking about a game they are watching on PPV!).

Someone else can work that out

But that's the whole point of a forum! Put out a position and give others the chance to question it or offer their own opinions. I will always acknowledge a well made point, even if it disagrees with mine. I will always challenge something that I disagree with too.
Stubborn, entrenched views with a refusal to change lead to the sort of horror show that this forum became a few months back.