If there was one realistic signing who we could sign who would you choose and why? | Page 2 | Vital Football

If there was one realistic signing who we could sign who would you choose and why?

Nobby_66 - 23/5/2017 16:23

Bloody hell, was it really that long ago? Thanks a lot John, you've just made me feel really old.
Didn't he come from Blackburn at the same time as Cleverly (sp)?

We never had Cleverly. McEveley?

Samuelson is a centre midfielder. Not realistic either. Agreed he's class though.

Liam Trotter from Bolton, ex Millwall, would be a good signing for our centre mid.

BlueOyster - 23/5/2017 14:21

I think Danny Hylton from Luton Town would be a good shout up front if we're signing League 2ers. Has already been linked with Charlton this off season but the Clowns had some pretentious excuse for not wanting a guy who bagged 21 goals and is up for league player of the year.

Would cost a fee!

BlueOyster - 24/5/2017 16:06

Bondz N'Gala

why not?
The guy is clearly a honourable sort.But it was also stated by Pennock he would like a centre back skipper. This is feel would be a ideal signing a real leader at the back.

Ade already has one! Elmer!

Have you noticed that if you type in Ade the spell check changes it to adequate? !! Is this an omen?

Harry Lennon doesn't look as if he's played for Charlton since November. Not sure whether he's been injured but given it was Taylor that initially brought him here, there's a chance he could be on his list. I'd be happy with that alongside Ehmer and Lacey.

Michael Bostwick also looked a class act at the back when we recently played them. I don't think we'd get him for free though.

Also like the look of Nathan Thompson at Swindon who is out of contract.

chris who - 24/5/2017 17:53

Bondz N'Gala

why not?
The guy is clearly a honourable sort.But it was also stated by Pennock he would like a centre back skipper. This is feel would be a ideal signing a real leader at the back.

Sorry Chris, I was trying to bait Mozzer into telling us all he'd cost a fee after his previous replies.
Thank you for your honest response though. On a side note, I don't think we'll find anyone with a better name.

:7:

BlueOyster - 25/5/2017 09:04

Bondz N'Gala

why not?

Sorry Chris, I was trying to bait Mozzer into telling us all he'd cost a fee after his previous replies.
Thank you for your honest response though. On a side note, I don't think we'll find anyone with a better name.

Nice one Blue Oyster, but you will need to get up earlier to catch me out!!! I will say he has been offered a deal at Dover whether he will stay or not is another thing!

BlueOyster - 25/5/2017 09:04

Bondz N'Gala

why not?

No problem I thought it might be tongue in cheek .He may turn up pre season joining us to help with his fitness .Personally I think it is the least thing we could do given it was as much our error as his.

One player who I would certainly like us to at least be looking at is Ik Ugbo is a 18 year old striker who plays for Chelsea under 23. Scored 23 goals in 35 appearances last season.