If the Election was tomorrow, who would you vote for (if you could) | Vital Football

If the Election was tomorrow, who would you vote for (if you could)

holtelower

Vital Football Hero
Easy, Gallup and MORI do it all the time, lets see how the result would be from the Vital Villa constituancy

The "if you could" - is for those who live abroad - don;t just put "I can't vote" - its who you "would" vote for

By the way, you don't have to say who you voted for if you don't want to.

I will though. For the first time ever I voted Liberal at last election, knowing , where I live, there was no chance of a Labour victory.

I tactially voted attempting to keep the tories out, and look what happened - I won't be doing that again.

Back to normal for me

UKIP Im sick of the status quo although i am considering Labour tbh, but at the moment its UKIP Farage says it how it is and he scares the shit out of the politicians

How about a small breakdown of advantages and disadvantages each political party brings to the table for you?

Labour. As a student who now has to pay £9000 a year for my tuition I will never vote for Lib Dems unless they have a radical change of policy and Clegg is long gone. I don't think the Tories have done well with the economy - we have positive GDP growth now but its taken a long time, and youth unemployment is shit and the employment figures are bullshit because so many people are "under employed".

My family is Labour - I'd vote for them because they are the lesser of 2 evils (Are Lib Dems even a real party anymore or just the tories' bitches?) and all other parties are a waste because they will never get in - and I think the EU is good for the UK so I wouldn't vote UKIP.

Screaming Lord Sutch

Seriously though, to lay any of the blame for the current economic climate at the door of the Tories is pretty pathetic and showsa distinct lack of understanding of the whole economic situation. Go ahead, vote Labour but remember, they had a big hand in creating the current situation. Yes, it was a world wide crash but it was pure folly to take on all thatdebt to save failing businesses and was only ever going to end badly.

Villan - no need for that. Each person is entitled to their own opinion in politics, someone has voted BNP, not for me to question them, it is their right.

The question is "who would you vote for" - not to discuss the ins and outs of why you feel someone is wrong

I think the next election will be decided by who people hate the most. Policies past or present wont make much difference. I have to say that I have always voted Tory, but I hate this lot with a vengence. Could I vote for Labour, dont think so, so this leaves me with a problem.

I think if Labour win the next election it really will be goodbye to Britain. We are only just getting back onto our feet from their last calamity. Just reading their policies as it would be unfair to comment and make a decision on this thread without doing so 1st - and yet again its all about them spending more public money on more useless government made up jobs - 8000 immigration officers to work in the communities of areas most hit with immigration..Absolute crazy...We need industry, manufacturing, engineering, technology - not crappy public made up jobs; pen pushers, inspectors, checkers, guiders, helpers, advisers, free play pens for kids so mums can go to work(taxpayer pays, actually best get this right - the already under severe pressure private sector pays)...

The Green's want all kids to eat free meals in schools - yes like we have the money for that. They also want to nationalise all the industries again - no thanks as I prefer freedom of choice not government owned you must use this "we cant afford to keep modernising" service.

UKIP/BNP are a bunch of bigots and we would probably have a civil war on our hands and total alienation from Europe if they end up running this country.

UKIP/BNP will never get elected. UKIP may pick up a decent % of the vote but with our first past the post system all they will do is frighten the other parties by taking votes from them.

astonion - 24/10/2013 19:55

I think the next election will be decided by who people hate the most. Policies past or present wont make much difference. I have to say that I have always voted Tory, but I hate this lot with a vengence. Could I vote for Labour, dont think so, so this leaves me with a problem.

I' m with you on this. Bought up Tory, never voted anything else. Will find it hard to vote for them, but like you I couldn't vote Labour. The others have no chance of getting in and are a protest vote in some ways.
I can't do not voting as IMHO if you don't vote you don't have the right to complain. As a woman Emily Pankhurst and the women went through hell to get us the vote so I will not disrespect what she did, by not voting

For those who have voted for the minor parties because they believe in there policies, fine, however has Liberals have found out it is easy to promise the earth and find out it is impossible to keep those promises when you get into power, as the sums don't add up. This is why Liberals are struggling now.

My guessing is will be a hung parliament again next time. Who between is anyone guess.

As for UKIP for those who think they are scary to the other parties, remember UKIP have said they will happily do a power sharing with the Tories, in the event of no majority government again, which I am expecting.

TBH we are damned if we do and damned if we don't with Europe. On the whole I think we are better off staying in Europe than coming out of it. We need to renegotiate our membership though, but to pull out of Europe is a non starter for me

holtelower - 24/10/2013 20:49

Villan - no need for that. Each person is entitled to their own opinion in politics, someone has voted BNP, not for me to question them, it is their right.

The question is "who would you vote for" - not to discuss the ins and outs of why you feel someone is wrong

This is a discision forum, the whole point of discision is to question. The nature of debate is organic, if we only ever answer the initial question it becomes rather sterile.

Villan Of The North - 24/10/2013 19:37

Screaming Lord Sutch

Seriously though, to lay any of the blame for the current economic climate at the door of the Tories is pretty pathetic and showsa distinct lack of understanding of the whole economic situation. Go ahead, vote Labour but remember, they had a big hand in creating the current situation. Yes, it was a world wide crash but it was pure folly to take on all thatdebt to save failing businesses and was only ever going to end badly.

Yes Labour did have a huge role in global crisis which originated in the US. Labour created a housing bubble in the US? Labour sold dodgy mortgages to Americans who couldn't pay it back? Labour told all of the banks to sell CDO's which included loans that weren't likely to be repaid?

Save failing businesses? If a major bank had collapsed in the UK then it would have been even worse. Firstly there would have been millions/billions of £'s lost in bank accounts, then that would have just led to bank runs for every other bank and there would have been a huge banking collapse in the UK, which would mean even more people lose their money, people lose their jobs, even less lending we would be where Greece or Spain is now.

And I don't think any government can avoid blame when their country almost goes into a triple dip recession.

Tories for 30 years. Best of a bad,lying deceiving bunch.
They all talk the talk and they all spend far too much time doing junior school piss taking out of each other and not enough time getting their heads together trying to solve the country`s problems.
90% of them are wankers.The other 10% don`t stand a chance.
Jobs for the boys and all that crap.

david-avfc - 24/10/2013 21:41

Villan Of The North - 24/10/2013 19:37

Screaming Lord Sutch

Yes Labour did have a huge role in global crisis which originated in the US. Labour created a housing bubble in the US? Labour sold dodgy mortgages to Americans who couldn't pay it back? Labour told all of the banks to sell CDO's which included loans that weren't likely to be repaid?

Save failing businesses? If a major bank had collapsed in the UK then it would have been even worse. Firstly there would have been millions/billions of £'s lost in bank accounts, then that would have just led to bank runs for every other bank and there would have been a huge banking collapse in the UK, which would mean even more people lose their money, people lose their jobs, even less lending we would be where Greece or Spain is now.

And I don't think any government can avoid blame when their country almost goes into a triple dip recession.

I don't recall any other country having runs on banks, and yet not all saved the badly run businesses.

Norway was saved the worst of the recession by two things:1. Being blessed by oil. 2:(arguably more importantly)Bank regulations put in place after the 1985 Norwegian banking crisis when investment banks were seperated from highstreet banks, something sugested in the UK when Northern Rock went south. The warning signs were there that, had they been acted upon, would have reduced the impact of the American colapse considerably.

Clubpaver - 24/10/2013 22:05

Tories for 30 years. Best of a bad,lying deceiving bunch.
They all talk the talk and they all spend far too much time doing junior school piss taking out of each other and not enough time getting their heads together trying to solve the country`s problems.
90% of them are wankers.The other 10% don`t stand a chance.
Jobs for the boys and all that crap.

A good point well made.

I couldn't vote for Labour or the Tories. I'll throw the Lib Dems in there too. I think Nige is a racist and a fraud so that's UKIP out. The BNP? Yeah, no. That leaves the Greens who I could vote for but it would really depend on the candidate in my constituency. If he was another pin striped sleeze bag, I'd pass.

I think I'm pretty close to what Russell Brand was saying about not voting. I would only vote if I felt that the candidate was genuinely interested in making a difference and changing things for the better. I don't believe that any candidate from the major parties fits that profile.

Perhaps you should adopt the Australian model then. In Australia it's a legal obligation to vote but if you want to abstain you can by spoiling your ballot paper. In that way you have not only not voted for someone that you don't believe in you also have actively participated in democracy and made your opinion known, removing the concept of apathy. It's just a shame that in Australia it's forced but if people in the UK made the effort to vote but then spoiled their ballot it would send a real message, Brand's version is just a well articulated cop out.

Agreed Villan, think you should vote, but that if you have no one you can vote for, spoil the paper. I know it is pedantic, but you've had your say.

I honestly am not sure at the moment. I don't really like the options but if I don't vote, I'd feel like I'd be opening the door for racist small minded scumbags like UKIP and BNP.

Best party for me as a businessman is the Tories for sure. Best party for the country? Probably another coalition. Best for disabled people? None of the tossers I'd suspect, Liberals maybe but they'll not get in on their own and haven't helped the current disgraceful shake up.