If only | Vital Football

If only

Who was that Colombian who was built like a lego-kit giraffe ? I would go for him, or someone blessed with football skills who always entertains. John Robertson maybe, but at his peak & not clogged down by your pitch.

Who was that Colombian who was built like a lego-kit giraffe ? I would go for him, or someone blessed with football skills who always entertains. John Robertson maybe, but at his peak & not clogged down by your pitch.
Think you have been on the Columbian matey.................Maybe you mean Paulo Wanchop, he's from Costa Rica

Good choice eddy...he was a great signing but I think I’d put Hector, Todd and Biaino ahead of him.

Still love to see statues of Hector, Todd and McFarland at Pride Park. Shouldn’t have to wait for people to die before they get such a tribute.

Dave Mackay. Without his three-season masterclass we would have been just another team in the 70's. Ask McFarland if you ever come across him

Derek Hales, scrub that Mikkel Beck!

Interesting first, rejected choice there MoP. I have always felt for Derek Hales. He scored 1 in 2 or thereabouts for everybody but Derby. His worst record apart from us was 10 in 24 at WHU who bought him off us.

So, why was he good everywhere but Derby?

The answer is simple. We didn't play to his strengths. He scored the vast majority of his goals either running on to through balls or latching on to knocks down and flicks on from his strike partner, a 6 foot 3 centre forward, Mike Flanagan (MF was the reason Hales left Charlton. As well as scoring alongside DH he was also scoring with DHs missus..... that ended up in a training ground fight.) What did we do? We put a #9 his back and expected him to play the O'Hare target man role. Absolutely NOT his skill set. The sensible thing, football wise, would have been to buy both DH and MF.........

I don't go back as far as some can but the two have really impressed me are Eranio and Asanovic that's what I call skill ed

Latest Rams News