If Cameron was a true Leader | Vital Football

If Cameron was a true Leader

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
At this turbulent time a Prime Minister who truly cares about his country, as Cameron claims he does, would surely take responsibility and deliver some conciliatory words of reassurance to the nation. For goodness sake we need to accept last Thursday`s result and get on with building a framework for the future.

It is clear that there is a pressing need for all government departments and businesses to get to work on taking the country forward. But that can`t effectively happen until the new PM has been appointed. Get your finger out Cameron, be a statesman and work out your notice on grounds of what`s now best for the country rather than what`s best for Dave.

To be fair Cameron made it very clear that he wanted the country to remain. The country voted out. I think he's right to hand over power to the outters to negotiate this "new Britain". The only thing I would say is that the Tories should elect their new leader PDQ and not wait until October.

The uncertainty is the last thing this country needs at the moment. We need to get on with negotiating our exit terms ASAP.

There is no need whatsoever to start panicking!

The country voted against the view of Cameroon, so he has accepted that and chosen to resign.

Therefore, there is no point him trying to implement the'50', as during the talks he will not be there.

According to the rules, we now have two years to begin the arrangements, so for any youth movement, tell that Europrat who is insisting we start leave negotiations now where to go.

This attitude of his is exactly why I voted out! They want to dictate.

Bit like FOL!

It's going to be very difficult. people kept making out the other EU nations want us more than we need them - We'll see. My biggest concern is that the LEAVERS had no plan other than out. It would have been much better if they said we wanted to follow the Norway model or a complete breakaway. Boris and co. said they'd spend the 350m on the NHS etc - they won't if it's not there and policy-wise it's unlikely anyway. They've got to find the hundreds of millions that Cornwall is getting in grants; difficult if there is a recession. If GDP falls then defence spending will fall, unless we rob Peter to pay Paul, and the US and other NATO allies won't like that. It's going to be very difficult times.

Razor i concur with your sentiment that there`s no need to panic but I feel that Cameron should, right now, also be saying something similar or, at least, conciliatory.

We will have 2 years, as you say, but waiting in limbo until the Conservative party elect a new leader seems likely to create an increased climate of uncertainty and instability. Cameron should do his job as current PM - and say something conciliatory. The 1922 Committee should then do theirs tomorrow and accelerate the leadership issue - there`s no need for it to take months and months. The 1922 group is very pro Brexit so we should expect them to be decisive ! maybe........

Why is it taking so long to choose a new leader, when Thatcher resigned a new leader Major was installed in five days not four months.
I believe when Cameron went to the EU to get a deal for the country they gave very little because they thought that having recently won an election to govern the UK the people would back him over his stance in remaining.
Now reality has stepped in I would not mind betting that they are now prepared to give a little more enough for the government instead of calling for a second referendum call a general election and urging the population that the new deal is the Real Deal.
With labour in chaos over their leadership battle and with a majority of MP's in the house wanting to remain the only opposition to the new deal would be UKIP and they certainly wouldn't get an overall majority.

I love this "Let's tell the Europrats where to go stuff". We need a good deal out of Europe. Being insulting is hardly likely to help.

It does help if you do not misquote, or perhaps misread. If we have two years before we have to begin our exit, would it not be the europrat who is actually being insulting in the first instance? Besides, what has he got that is wanted?
As for creating uncertainty - why? If nothing has changed what is there to be uncertain about? You have to negotiate your exit, so there is absolutely no point in making plans as how to move forward until you know what you have to plan with. Today is no different to last Sunday evening and next Sunday will be no different either.

I don't blame him for his "you got us in this mess you sort it out stance"
It seems that Alf Garnett wasn't a fictional character after all :69:

ME2blue - 26/6/2016 12:17

Sulking - his people stopped listening.

His 'people' couldn't get him elected on his own so he formed the coalition with the Lib Dems. He knew people wouldn't vote Lib Dem next time round so he courted UKIP supporters' votes. He got them.

He cockily assumed that having satisfied them enough to get power for the Tories that everyone would forget about the referendumb and decide to be good loyal Tories again as a reward. Except they didn't. Moreover he then found himself having to pretend he now fully supported staying in the EU despite telling everyone he thought it was full of shit and would cave into all his demands.

It didn't.

So now he's lost three elections (if you only count HIS supporters). Maybe the penny has finally dropped.

Fuck him. Useless pig fucking ham faced twat.

Oh how I wish Monty were around to give a better political insight into Dave Hug a Piggy Cameron.

Besides what makes anyone think he's the man to negotiate a decent exit from the EU? His renegotiation was hardly a roaring success was it? The EU know that AND they know he can't win elections. They'd bully the twat so much he'd wish that pig fucking and (totally legal) tax evasion and leaving his kid in the pub were the only stains on his reputation.

Archiepoptart - 27/6/2016 02:39

You're not that keen on him then Pledge :14:

No. And I certainly don't think he's the one to lead the negotiations.

I would prefer the following (if it is right that we have 2 years to start the process) *:

1) Tory leadership contest;
2) Snap general election.

That gives the Tories a chance to decide who leads them and the public the chance to decide who they want to negotiate the withdrawal.

If a new government can only be formed by coalition then a further election to decide who from the coalition will be prime minister.

If one party can only form a majority government with help from one or more other parties then the people should decide which party leader gets to head the government.

If we must insist on having democracy we might as well have some fun with it. Oh and all campaigning to be done in the spirit of the rules of the BBC's Would I Lie To You? No politician is allowed to tell us if they were telling the truth or lies until after the election.

Why change the spirit of our politics now?

* in the spirit of the referendumb I accept that Razorpound is not an expert on the EU constitution or the Lisbon Treaty and therefore I am fully prepared to accept everything he says.