IEC Changes | Page 7 | Vital Football

IEC Changes

We have talent in our under 18s and under 23s worth 17.5 million. Chuck in a first team squad, stadium, academy and two training grounds for free and that 17.5 million is an absoloute steal.
Its almost as if they are washing their hands of their big business errors and have clearly bought the club believing we will be back in the Premier league before long. Their reluctance to sack Cook highlights they aren't bothered seeing us go down. Would not be surprised if they sold us at a cut price and moved on from this business cock up

Personally I would string you up by the testicles for such a comment....I take it you were otherwise engaged in 1994.

So you are quite happy to live in the past? I'm more concerned about the future of Wigan Athletic, and at the moment we seem to be up shit creek without a paddle!

The future will be even more bleak if people turn their backs on the club. Surely that's simple enough for even you to understand. Clubs need support more than ever during tough times.

Its hardly rocket science.

The future will be even more bleak if people turn their backs on the club. Surely that's simple enough for even you to understand. Clubs need support more than ever during tough times.

Its hardly rocket science.

In fact it is the very essence of what support means.

Walgarthjohn where has anybody said they are happy? It just seems to be one of your default phrases.
I shouldn't keep falling for it Coddenchips, he is like a broken record just repeating the same phrase over and over, I've now learned my lesson!!

During the 12 months of the takeover saga i said this lot would end in tears and i fear it will, Whelan wanted out and sold to this bunch of bloody cowboys, everyone knows what Dave Whelan did for Wigan Athletic and we are forever grateful, but by being anxious to sell he has certainly sold us out.

The club has become a laughing stock and i doubt we'll ever see any good times again, the best we can hope for is yo-yo ing from the Championship to League 1 and back again......If we are lucky.

If that were to be the case, wouldn't it mean we'd be in a better position than most teams/fans? .............. .ie the ones who don't even make it to the Championship.

Other clubs don't really concern me bro, i would like Wigan Athletic to be an established Championship club at the very least....not a yo-yo club between Championship and League 1.

Its ok getting promoted from League 1 but then pissed off the season after when we are in a relegation battle, rinse and repeat, surely no one wants to be in the situations we have been for the past four years.

To be honest. I’d take everything in that report with a pinch of salt.

The business, Wigan Athletic, has been separated from IEC. To avoid going through the obligations & scrutiny of the HK Stock Exchange. The same individuals are running and financing the club.

However, they still need to paint the best picture for IEC moving the business on.

I agree
IEC, need to put this move in the best light for the HKSE.
The ownership has essentially stayed the same the reporting line/management decisions are simplified.
Otherwise just funny money transactions
The transfer value of WAFC is less than the original purchase price, yet IEC £1m put in each month, invested in the academy.
And bought a big telly.
Strangely, as others have said, the playing assets of WAFC, seem to be worth more now than when Whelan sold the club.

So can the clever people out there work out what IEC have sold? Is it the football club, the stadium, Euxton, the Academy, the land around the DW. When owned by Whelan all this lot was owned by several Welco companies.
So what has IEC actually sold?

It comes accross from what is written IEC were unbelievably naive and are now changing plans as the cost of relegation is staring them in the face.

If they changed manager last summer and gave the new boss 8m+ maybe they'd be happy with the progress we made knocking around mid table and establishing a foundation to build on the following season for a play off push.

But the cost of not changing manager when the change was so obviously necessary will cost them far more than Cooks pay off after relegation devalues all our player sales, we lose 5-6m, plus sponsorship, corporate revenue and attendances decrease.

I get an uneasy feeling IEC were just not willing to pay off Cook as they see it as throwing good money after bad and now just trying to minimise their loses. I expect a fire sale once we go down to try and balance the books and slash the wage bill with very little reinvested and us relying on players we can't get rid of plus the kids with maybe a couple of cheap frees and loans.

Hope I'm wrong but I fear it's going to go very wrong once we go down. I always feared that and that was a huge part of my thinking of why we so desperetly needed a new manager.

Keeping Cook this season I fear will be looked back on in years to come as one of the mostly costly mistakes in the clubs history.

A dishonest or careless person in business, especially an unqualified one....... That's what the dictionary says.
Spot on in my opinion.

Dishonest? Careless? And they own the club they dont run the club they have qualified people running it.

What are you on, apart from potentially on trial for liable?

Feel sorry for IEC, how can you not. They’ve clearly been sold an absolute crock of shite by the Royles and Whelan. A land of milk and honey in the Prem. They accept they know nothing about football and as such employ the Scouse mafia to run the club, giving them significant funds in the process. Those funds are pissed away by the Royle’s and Cook on Jamal Lowe and co and now we are 22nd in the league. Imagine how you’d feel if it were your money spent that way?

I suspect the club is quietly back up for sale, but who the hell would want to buy us in this state? We better pray Stanley Choi doesn’t give up and pull his cash out, otherwise we’ll be renewing acquaintances with Chorley very soon as AFC Wigan, playing on a school field somewhere.

Don't understand why people are okay with mediocrity, we should (as every other club should) push beyond the limits of what they can achieve. I don't buy accepting being a league 1 club because we are better off than others, though it's true, a football club not having any ambition in aiming for sky is a football club who accept they can never be winners.