IEC Changes | Page 2 | Vital Football

IEC Changes

You can butter it up all you like, something not right at all here, if this goes tits up we are in the shit!

RIP Wigan Athletic. :cry:

This is a positive move, leaving the HK stock exchange will give a simpler route for money to be invested into the club and indeed Dr Choi will it seems be bringing in fresh investment with the 49% share being new investors! Very positive indeed!

This is a positive move, leaving the HK stock exchange will give a simpler route for money to be invested into the club and indeed Dr Choi will it seems be bringing in fresh investment with the 49% share being new investors! Very positive indeed!

Have a day off!

Non of us really know what is going on or what the short or long term intentions are. I'm slightly disappointed with this latest change but only because IEC seemed to have a strategy with the planned concerts etc. Is all that going to be shelved now ? Who knows, I guess only time will tell.

Non of us really know what is going on or what the short or long term intentions are. I'm slightly disappointed with this latest change but only because IEC seemed to have a strategy with the planned concerts etc. Is all that going to be shelved now ? Who knows, I guess only time will tell.

It is definitely more to do with political climate and tightening legislation than IEC not wanting the club. I know it seems a negative step but Chinese laws on investment outside of the country is beyond the scope of single forum post. Loads of litigation and red tape to prevent it happening and the civil unrest in HK isn't helping matters at all in that regard.

This Choi dude could do one of two things here.

He could do what Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha did for Leicester City...or do what Kenny Anderson did for Bolton Wanderers.

The latter is frightening.

Reading reports from financial pages it seems he may have found a new investor and the easiest way to utilise this is to create this new arm of the company! Positive vibes coming from these financial experts!

I still struggle to understand why they bought Wigan Athletic. We all love our club but we have to concede there were better options when it came to investing in an EFL team.We struggled to fill the DW when we were in the Premier League club and since the 2013 relegation gates have plummeted. I may be way out with this and no doubt will be put straight by someone.

I still struggle to understand why they bought Wigan Athletic. We all love our club but we have to concede there were better options when it came to investing in an EFL team.We struggled to fill the DW when we were in the Premier League club and since the 2013 relegation gates have plummeted. I may be way out with this and no doubt will be put straight by someone.

They bought the club for £22m which included all facilities & land , a guaranteed income from a lodger and a >£20m rated teenager.
So it didn't matter how many pay to come to your party every other weekend.

They bought the club for £22m which included all facilities & land , a guaranteed income from a lodger and a >£20m rated teenager.
Hence the academy upgrade.
Its still a gamble though as you need to offset the running cost net losses.
If the academy doesn't provide a Joffy every other year it doesn't stack.
Alternatively you buy, develop and sell on for big bucks - think we can agree that bits not working ?

Not to mention a club one promotion away from a 200 million pound cash injection.

If Choi owns 51% of this new company that owns Latics, my hope is he plans to flog the other 49% to rich investors with the capital to put into the club which can take it to the next level. I maintain that he doesn’t have the money himself, he’ll need help.

You don't have to be a legal eagle to know this is dodgy as f**k! Two years from now we'll get busted and all sorts of fines thrown at us, "i've left the club in good hands" yeah right, well done Whelan!

But you dont know. But why hang on to your opinion until you know the facts?

Just read a statement that majority shareholder Dr. Choi Stanley intends to act as the limited partner. Presumably alongside our limited manager.