I wonder if I will be offered my old job back | Vital Football

I wonder if I will be offered my old job back

col8

Vital Football Legend
When they make me redundant at Christmas or March 14 latest.

Defence chiefs have been forced to spend more than £40?million rehiring an army of civil servants only months after making thousands of staff redundant.

Many of those being taken on are the same civil servants who recently received redundancy payoffs of more than £30,000.

The Ministry of Defence spent more than £70?million making 2,300 staff redundant at its Defence Equipment and Supply site at Abbey Wood in Bristol.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396343/MoD-spends-40million-rehiring-army-civil-servants--just-months-making-thousands-redundant.html

What a farce... Bet they can't believe their luck (and good luck to them) being paid off and then re-hired.

And we wonder why there is no money left!

Fingers crossed for you Col8

I thought there was a law saying you couldn't be re hired after receiving redundancy by the same firm within six months?

The Fear - 20/8/2013 16:29

What a farce... Bet they can't believe their luck (and good luck to them) being paid off and then re-hired.

And we wonder why there is no money left!

Fingers crossed for you Col8

And why, for donkeys years, they've been cutting back on the armed forces to pay for all the civil servants in the MOD.

Good luck to Col though.

they cant be fussy who they employ ....

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/news/national/10631724.__40_000_speaking_clock_bill_for_MOD/

Well here I am 12 months down the road back in the same office doing pretty much the same job, paid me shit loads to leave and are now paying a private company to employ me.

Ker-fucking-ching.

It also means I will have time to get back into Vital Villa
(had to be a downside)

:4: :4: :4: :4: to the ker ching

:4: :4: :4: :4: to you having time for Vital Villa again

:93: :93: :93: :93: to the incompetence of this country and the throwing away of tax payers money!

The Fear - 21/12/2014 12:05

:4: :4: :4: :4: to the ker ching

:4: :4: :4: :4: to you having time for Vital Villa again

:93: :93: :93: :93: to the incompetence of this country and the throwing away of tax payers money!

That's the only downside is I am now on BR Tax but the upside is I'm very happy running 2 cars and not a care in the world.