I was there when Perkins scored!! | Vital Football

I was there when Perkins scored!!

jocklatic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Glad to be there in Blackpool when Perks finally scored a league goal for us.....what a beaut in all that miserable weather. Conditions were dire for all & a 3-1 could have easily been 6 or 7 - 1 had conditio9 been same as the second half. Must have been a sight 2k+ wiganers crammed up as high as poss in the stands.....good turn out tho

Been watching football for over 30 years but can't recall wathching it in such poor conditions, utterly sodden, I clearly didn't go up high enough. Given the state of their pitch a few years ago I was surprised it held up that well, would have been abandoned at our place. Sharpe needs to get on the horn next week and find out which company laid it.

Top stuff from Perks, excellent pro and I think everyone was made up he finally scored, including clearly himself yet was first back on our half to get set for the restart which sums up the lads professionalism.

Watched it on ifollow and loved the reaction of the other players!!

Lord of the pies - 21/10/2017 23:05

Been watching football for over 30 years but can't recall wathching it in such poor conditions, utterly sodden, I clearly didn't go up high enough. Given the state of their pitch a few years ago I was surprised it held up that well, would have been abandoned at our place. Sharpe needs to get on the horn next week and find out which company laid it.

Top stuff from Perks, excellent pro and I think everyone was made up he finally scored, including clearly himself yet was first back on our half to get set for the restart which sums up the lads professionalism.

The pitch at the DW has poor drainage and is near the river Douglas,
Blackpool's pitch has excellent drainage as was proved yesterday ,maybe this
is the reason the ref did not call of the game as with puddles and high winds
it would have dangerous for the players.
So I would say drainage has to be sorted at the DW before laying a decent pitch.
BC
:115:

Looking at the Blackburn pitch on Ch5 Football it was very close to being called off. Large areas of standing water holding the ball up etc. Our pitch would have definitely have struggled to get the water away. Lucky we were playing away

Met him at the Lancaster music festival last week. A really nice guy who has shown great commitment to the club. Really happy to see him score, although I'm sure he would say the victory was the most important thing

Time to go but good luck Perks - a true professional to the game and has done a decent job for us.