I pad | Vital Football

I pad

Walthamstow wanderer

Alert Team
Staff member
I read and post on here from my I pad . IT used to be fine but now, no matter what I try , , I find that the site freezes and crashes more times than I care to mention . Trying to post anything is vey hit and miss.
Does anybody else have this problem or is it my I pad playing up . I think it was ok until we started getting so many adverts on here ?

Thanks 80 and Ex for your replies. I've long suspected that my I pad is playing up . Every time I use it on here I never know when it will crash and anything I'm half way typing will be lost . Very frustrating .
Trying to read a daily paper is equally hit and miss .
Time I think to invest in a new one .
COYS

Walthamstow wanderer - 6/3/2018 09:40

Thanks 80 and Ex for your replies. I've long suspected that my I pad is playing up . Every time I use it on here I never know when it will crash and anything I'm half way typing will be lost . Very frustrating .
Trying to read a daily paper is equally hit and miss .
Time I think to invest in a new one .
COYS

Try a factory reset and re-install first - mid you, apples last three patches kill older ipads until they just crawl..

My I pad 2 is about twelve years old and I realise it's an ancient bit of kit . I've stripped out most of what I don't use anymore, and given it a hard reboot a couple of times. As you know ,they are so convenient to use and has become almost indispensable . Everything else works perfectly , (Google, you tube , other apps of which I have a myriad , )
The only sites that it crashes on , and freezes, are this one and any newspapers that I try to read, which lead me to think that the amount of content on these sites was too much for the dear old thing to cope with .
I have considered , to be honest , doing what you suggested Ex , but I don't know what he outcome of that might be . think I might take it to an Apple Store and see what they say.
Buying a new one is obviously an option , but remarkably I have just typed this and it hasn't crashed once.
The last update was iOS 9 I think and there aren't any more for the I pad 2. That's as far as they will go
Thanks Ex

hmmm, sounds like a javascript issue - are you using Safari as your browser?

edit or it could be a memory issues/an app in the background?

Try these solutions one at a time since they escalate in terms of work you have to do -

1. Settings - Safari - Clear website history - then force restart

2. Try to reduce some of the content on your device - although it sounds like you may have done that.

3. Backup to iTunes

Restore as NEW

See if problem resolves - if yes - then restore from the backup.

And it occurs to me - make sure javascript is enabled - it often isn'y after a iOS update:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-javascript/safari-ipad

Thanks Ex
I will get on to all that over the next few days . We have an important mission to overcome first at Wembley
Thanks for all your thoughts and help.

ah just posted in the Spurs app thread that I have a similar issue on my samsung s7 on which everything is up to date. Fairly sure it's to do with some dodgy ads as it's only sometimes it happens...

freundorfoe - 19/3/2018 23:56

ah just posted in the Spurs app thread that I have a similar issue on my samsung s7 on which everything is up to date. Fairly sure it's to do with some dodgy ads as it's only sometimes it happens...

Use adblock...