"I Have To Go Back" - Reina Expects To Move On At The End Of The Season | Vital Football

"I Have To Go Back" - Reina Expects To Move On At The End Of The Season

Mixed bag but Nyland getting rave reviews despite shipping 6 against City and should have saved at least 3 of them. I hope he goes at the end of the season as well.

Massively disappointed in Reina at the end. Started off like a rock and seemed to bring that experience and leadership that we desperately needed. Then he seemed to just want to fuck about against Soton and Leicester when that was the last thing we needed.

He’s not to blame for where we are, but if you boiled it down to pound for pound blame per player, he would be over indexing.

In his defence he got injured in the warm up at Southampton and should never have started , his fault or the management? Bit of both
Didn't he have Covid at the Leicester game , again never should of started.
Seems to me we are still a very poorly run club. Drunkwater is further evidence to back this up

In his defence he got injured in the warm up at Southampton and should never have started , his fault or the management? Bit of both
Didn't he have Covid at the Leicester game , again never should of started.
Seems to me we are still a very poorly run club. Drunkwater is further evidence to back this up

This for me. Started well (and I still think Nyland was treated harshly despite his own errors) but he wouldn't have been tested up front I guess, so we have no idea how it might have affected latter games.

With that said, on balance, we still shouldn't sign him.

The 3 January signings just show how lost the management were / are
Reina / Drunkwater/ Baston
Absolutely laughable

To be fair Samatta looks alright?

Reina was desperation but we were genuinely in a desperate situation at time with losing Heaton and Steer, so had to get someone in and preferably with experience. He ticked the bill for an emergency signing but have you ever seen a decent emergency goalkeeper?

The other two I agree are crap signings. Drinkwater was bizarre from the off as soon as we were even linked with him - the guy’s a waste of space and has been for several years. Baston was another emergency signing, but for what purpose I don’t know because he’s nowhere near the starting 11.

The 3 transfer window signings were cack, take out Jack , McGinn and Mings and we would not have got off the foot of the premier league.

Any truth in the rumour that he is still trying to get back to our goal at St Mary's after going up for the last second corner we had?

No way is Reina what we need. Neither Nyland or Steer is perfect but both have determination, they have an appetite to succeed and over a season, or even a run of games, that counts. Ideally we'd find a way of keeping both, with Heaton still number 1 for the moment, and see how it goes. If we sell either we won't get anybody better, at the moment.

Massively disappointed in Reina at the end. Started off like a rock and seemed to bring that experience and leadership that we desperately needed. Then he seemed to just want to fuck about against Soton and Leicester when that was the last thing we needed.

He’s not to blame for where we are, but if you boiled it down to pound for pound blame per player, he would be over indexing.
Virtually all of them would be > 100 on an index of shiteness to be honest, including Mings who's erratic defending has cost us goals this season, but I'd point to the tactics as the biggest issue.

Reina for what it's worth looked fantastic early doors but then completely nose dived, just bizarre. But Nyland looked far worse at a much worse level last season so understand why the management team didn't and still do not trust him.

After the first 2 games, I thought it was a shrewd move but he signed his own return by playing like a clueless clown embarrassing himself and the team.