I Have Beer | Vital Football

I Have Beer

jogills

Vital Football Hero
Just got a text to say I will be getting beer from Past & Present again. A little thing but cheers me up no end towards the end of the week.

Just got a text to say I will be getting beer from Past & Present again. A little thing but cheers me up no end towards the end of the week.

Goachers do deliveries in 18 pint mini pins if you like goachers ales.

I got a delivery from vocation brewery as well. Really like their beers on a warm summers evening

Goachers, mmmmm. I've been thinking about that but 18 pints and a limited time to drink it might lead to excessive beerfrolicking. Where is Vocation Brewery and do they deliver?

I largely gave up drinking beer about a year ago.I have only had about a dozen or so pints since then none at home.It was upsetting my insides. I don't have the same problem with whiskey,wine and vodka about the same alcohol volume. I never drink on work nights and never get drunk so I am not a heavy drinker anyway. I don't really miss beer now and it keeps the misses happy as she hates the smell of beer.

Goachers, mmmmm. I've been thinking about that but 18 pints and a limited time to drink it might lead to excessive beerfrolicking. Where is Vocation Brewery and do they deliver?

18 pints is a challenge but I have my son and daughters boyfriend living with us so had help.

Vocation are based in Hebdon Bridge but deliver in cans so much longer shelf life. Spend 35 and delivery is free. Coop sell their cans if you want to try. Very citrusy IPAs. Perfect for warm summers evening.

I’ve been given a case from a mate from a company called Beer 52. Mostly IPAs, Porters and Stouts from around the world. I’m building up to the Hazelnut stout at 9.2% which should make for a very early night.

9.2 you have to be mental. You were talking about meeting up for a drink after the lock down as we both live in SE16, if you drink like that, no F****** chance. Drinking like that around here and it's likely to kick off big time. I'm no drinker :surrender:

PS Have a good weekend.:thumbup:

I have grown quite fond of Banks Bitter. Does anybody else drink it?

Started getting it because it's so cheap and not too strong (90p in the supermarkets, and 3.8%) but have decided it tastes delicious.

Prefer to get five bottles for £4.50 than the usual three for a fiver or four for £6 deals on the more well known beers.

And they have it on draught at the Bescott Stadium, so much better than the usual choice of shit lager or shit cider and occasionally, John Smiths shit...

I liked Banks's bitter, and the mild too when a student up north. Recently I've been getting 8 pint mini casks of real ale from Nelson brewery in the dockyard, which has made lockdown a little easier! Beer has been good. Phone them up in the morning and they deliver in Medway the same day. Once opened they last up to 4 days.

When we went to Doncaster at the beginning of the season they had their own ale at the club brewed by a local microbrewery. It was very tasty too. Would be great if the Factory could do the same, but expect they are tied to Heineken or whatever and can only buy in from them...

I went to our first game at the Bescot and had a beer in their clubhouse. Light & Bitter I said to the barman, who replied in a god awful Brummie accent - 'I've heard that's what you cockney's drink'. I walked away shaking my head.

I knew someone would drink light and bitter. On an away trip up north somewhere he tagged along. Barman was bemused as he tried to explain it. I just thought it was for greedy people as you got more than a pint 😉

Can you get light ale these days or is it now known as pale ale ? I see lots of pale ales but not light ale any more.

Got a nice box from Vocation brewery to explore tonight

I went to see Toto at the Chelsea Festival last year and managed to persuade a Chinese barman at a local pub to serve us a light and bitter for the price of a pint.