I hate what the world is becoming | Page 79 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

The Stones definitely had that twang, although I never went back to their proper early stuff, think I remember the early Beatles stuff being very similar in some ways but just a bit more peppy. .

Nah, Beatles and Stones early doors (not The Doors) totally different beast. Got all of both bands albums, the first few of the Beatles is sickly pop really .. Stones was covers but so much out of the Blues and R&B.

Think last time I counted, I had 38 stones albums, I quite like them!

Last edited:
Nah, Beatles and Stones early doors (not The Doors) totally different beast. Got all of both bands albums, the first few of the Beatles is sickly pop really .. Stones was covers but so much out of the Blues and R&B.

Think last time I counted, I had 38 stones albums, I quite like them!

Got a very vague memory of Beatles doing the Germany skit and covering some more Bluesy style stuff on occasions, but it was occasions and they moved on quickly to the far more peppy R&R in the main. Only stumbled over that recording though so might have been a one off that was never repeated and i've just assumed they did it a bit more regularly?

The Stones though, you can definitely see how they moved forward with it, even down to more recent stuff as for me, they regularly bounce back on that front.

i remember going with my older brother to see jailhouse rock at the orient 6 ways, everyone was bopping in the aisles, around 1960 , stayed with me all this time, in body and mind, fantastic,,,,seanie

i remember going with my older brother to see jailhouse rock at the orient 6 ways, everyone was bopping in the aisles, around 1960 , stayed with me all this time, in body and mind, fantastic,,,,seanie
I saw Summer Holliday at that very same establishment.

Got a very vague memory of Beatles doing the Germany skit and covering some more Bluesy style stuff on occasions, but it was occasions and they moved on quickly to the far more peppy R&R in the main. Only stumbled over that recording though so might have been a one off that was never repeated and i've just assumed they did it a bit more regularly?

The Stones though, you can definitely see how they moved forward with it, even down to more recent stuff as for me, they regularly bounce back on that front.

They do (I kid you not) Sie Liebt Dich and Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand on Beatles Past Masters Volume One!

Definitely by The Beatles The Beatles (wrongly known as The White Album!) they had blues influences and some very good, bluesy songs.

eg

But definitely informed the Stones music far more and far sooner.

They do (I kid you not) Sie Liebt Dich and Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand on Beatles Past Masters Volume One!

Definitely by The Beatles The Beatles (wrongly known as The White Album!) they had blues influences and some very good, bluesy songs.

eg

But definitely informed the Stones music far more and far sooner.

I'm not totally mental then lol

Still going through it (tis a long old read) but I've actually just bought myself a vinyl of Muddy Waters live in Mississippi!!!

It's funny as soon as I heard his song Mannish Boy I instantly recognized it as a song sampled by someone else that I've heard many times on road trips with my dad.

Still going through it (tis a long old read) but I've actually just bought myself a vinyl of Muddy Waters live in Mississippi!!!

It's funny as soon as I heard his song Mannish Boy I instantly recognized it as a song sampled by someone else that I've heard many times on road trips with my dad.
Muddy Waters and Stones do a supposedly spontaneous Mannish Boy at the Chequer Board Club in Chicago 1981 on Youtube.
Well worth a look.

Muddy Waters and Stones do a supposedly spontaneous Mannish Boy at the Chequer Board Club in Chicago 1981 on Youtube.
Well worth a look.

If you like that sort of thing may I suggest you give this a quick listen?

1631190009290.png

Some great stuff from the sadly departed Charlie Watts.

Last edited:
Seems like the best place for this, I haven't fact-checked it but I doubt it's false.

Was always what we said here, were they getting equal pay when differing revenues were taken into account. The US fudge there is discriminatory in itself as it ignores the revenue - not least the guaranteed pay element as he points out.