I hate what the world is becoming | Page 71 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

Without being sexist... This is just a fact. I have yet to see a female comedian that has even got me half thinking about making half a smile.

I do agree stand up wise, although I've seen some of Joan Rivers and she was great, but apart from that, I haven't seen anything.

It's not that women are not funny, there have been great performers on Saturday Night Live like Tina Fey, Kristin Wiig, Cecily Strong etc. and Fey created and wrote 30 Rock which is one of my favourite TV shows.

Amy Schumer seems to be popular but she's stolen most of her jokes and just talks about her vagina as if that's funny.

@colavfc and @Stephen Jay Hawkings I wouldnt go out of my way but I saw Jessica Kirson at two separate Bill Burr shows and she was pretty funny. She's deep in the NY Comedy scene and just one of those people who just got overlooked. I think she is so much funnier than all these others who got Netflix shows. Amy Schmar has never been funny to me, Iliza Schlinger is okay and Kristen McKinnan is one you missed on SNL - she's pretty funny.

Problem is it was one of the funniest sets I ever saw but I have never been able to find that material she did on Youtube.

Comedians always go on about how you can't say anything these days but I don't remember any comedians getting cancelled for jokes they told. They cancelled Louis CK for his sexual behaviour but he seems to be making his way back.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here seems as good a place as any...

WTF??!!!

Online giant Amazon is destroying millions of items of unsold stock every year, products that are often new and unused, ITV News can reveal.

Footage gathered by ITV News shows waste on an astonishing level.And this is from just one of 24 fulfilment centres they currently operate in the UK.

Undercover filming from inside Amazon's Dunfermline warehouse reveals the sheer scale of the waste: Smart TVs, laptops, drones, hairdryers, top of the range headphones, computer drives, books galore, thousands of sealed face masks – all sorted into boxes marked “destroy”.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-21...ouses-every-year-itv-news-investigation-finds

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here seems as good a place as any...

WTF??!!!

Online giant Amazon is destroying millions of items of unsold stock every year, products that are often new and unused, ITV News can reveal.

Footage gathered by ITV News shows waste on an astonishing level.And this is from just one of 24 fulfilment centres they currently operate in the UK.

Undercover filming from inside Amazon's Dunfermline warehouse reveals the sheer scale of the waste: Smart TVs, laptops, drones, hairdryers, top of the range headphones, computer drives, books galore, thousands of sealed face masks – all sorted into boxes marked “destroy”.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-21...ouses-every-year-itv-news-investigation-finds

Environmental concerns alone make this madness, let alone the total waste when there are charites/needy who could make good use of this stuff and think how great a name Amazon would have, supplying such things to them?

Environmental concerns alone make this madness, let alone the total waste when there are charites/needy who could make good use of this stuff and think how great a name Amazon would have, supplying such things to them?

I'll ask my wife if this goes on at her depot.

they have a clearance site, not sure on mystery boxes. Just think the goodwill they could spread taking things like that to kids homes, old people's homes etc. That is barmy.

they have a clearance site, not sure on mystery boxes. Just think the goodwill they could spread taking things like that to kids homes, old people's homes etc. That is barmy.

I think it's to do with the contracts they have with their sellers where it says if the goods remain in stock for longer than a certain time they will either be subject to extra storage costs or the product destroyed. I don't think they are allowed to donate or resell them. Either the contracts need re-writing or the sellers themselves need to either sell them at a much lower price or give permission to donate them.

In all honesty, Amazon just makes too much money to care. Bezos is a complete twat and despite a lot of people thinking he's a nice guy he couldn't give a toss about his employees.

I'd imagine this is also tied to 'undelivered stuff'. There was a programme months back that we talked about on here with Amazon marking items as undeliverable even though addresses could be clearly made out but drivers had run out of time so were bringing them back as undelivered.

I think it's to do with the contracts they have with their sellers where it says if the goods remain in stock for longer than a certain time they will either be subject to extra storage costs or the product destroyed. I don't think they are allowed to donate or resell them. Either the contracts need re-writing or the sellers themselves need to either sell them at a much lower price or give permission to donate them.

In all honesty, Amazon just makes too much money to care. Bezos is a complete twat and despite a lot of people thinking he's a nice guy he couldn't give a toss about his employees.

Yes, makes sense, but the buying strength of Amazon, no way would they not have the whip hand.

I've always been curious about what employees really think, you can't get a straight story out of America.

In some places in America, Amazon is the best-unskilled employment you can get in terms of wages and benefits. At the same time conditions are horrendous for others too. Then you've got people not wanting to unionize and I can't tell how much of that is Amazons leverage, employee's genuinely not wanting it or just this silly left vs. right ideology.

Unions in Europe work pretty well, Unions in America at least Construction Unions take the fucking piss. Pay one guy to do the work and two to watch him.

I've always been curious about what employees really think, you can't get a straight story out of America.

In some places in America, Amazon is the best-unskilled employment you can get in terms of wages and benefits. At the same time conditions are horrendous for others too. Then you've got people not wanting to unionize and I can't tell how much of that is Amazons leverage, employee's genuinely not wanting it or just this silly left vs. right ideology.

Unions in Europe work pretty well, Unions in America at least Construction Unions take the fucking piss. Pay one guy to do the work and two to watch him.

My wife enjoys working there but some of the stories she tells me just make me roll my eyes.

Pay one guy to do the work and two to watch him.
I was a toolmaker in the early 70s in Brum, and what you describe is spot on.
Wasnt a week went by without some bloody dispute about working practises and some clown of a shop steward calling a walk out.
Very surprised to hear you say that about modern day America.

What kind of things happen there?

Like CDX, I've heard mixed reports of what it's like working for Amazon.

It's PC gone mad there. If a UK employee reports a foreign worker for a disciplinary matter it gets brushed under the carpet, but if it's the other way they launch a full scale inquiry. The Black and East Europeans have caught on to this and always play the race card to get off something bad they have done. My Wife was up for promotion recently and her boss had given her glowing praise in her application. Then a woman she works with suddenly announced that she had been given the job without interview and with a chequered work history there. Turned out she had leant the guy doing the hiring £1000 a few weeks before. She didn't even make a secret of the matter and blabbed it everywhere. Amazon HR were informed of this but took no action. My Son and his girlfriend were agency workers there for a while. Amazon state that nobody there including agency workers are on zero hours contracts. This is complete rubbish as they were. A lot of the time they would turn up to work to be told there wasn't any and would be sent home without pay. They are also very ageist with the older employees being first out of the door when they cut back on the numbers of staff. They then replace them a week later with younger people.

I like oul Mumford and Sons, pretty sure they live in Brooklyn, they used to eat a sushi place my friend hosted but I never met them.

I don't know enough about yer man Andy Ngo to have a fully formed opinion but I recognize the name and I know he's got some problematic stuff he pushes. Having said that in spite of what ANTIFA stands for they seem more like anarchists than anything else. And to me, they seem like the left's answer to QANON. That puts them in the looney tune realm.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...uits-mumford-sons-citing-free-speech-concerns

Winston Marshall quits Mumford & Sons after Andy Ngo controversy, citing free speech

I like oul Mumford and Sons, pretty sure they live in Brooklyn, they used to eat a sushi place my friend hosted but I never met them.

I don't know enough about yer man Andy Ngo to have a fully formed opinion but I recognize the name and I know he's got some problematic stuff he pushes. Having said that in spite of what ANTIFA stands for they seem more like anarchists than anything else. And to me, they seem like the left's answer to QANON. That puts them in the looney tune realm.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...uits-mumford-sons-citing-free-speech-concerns

Winston Marshall quits Mumford & Sons after Andy Ngo controversy, citing free speech

Difficult to disagree with his statement on the far far left, again it's the small number loudest shouters getting their way.