I hate what the world is becoming | Page 58 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

They aren't a threat to world peace. Neither is going to start any wars. They might play around the margins like the Russians in Syria but the real threat to world peace is the US.

As I said, they aren't a threat to world peace. They are a threat to US dominance of the globe.

They aren't a threat to world peace. Neither is going to start any wars. They might play around the margins like the Russians in Syria but the real threat to world peace is the US.

As I said, they aren't a threat to world peace. They are a threat to US dominance of the globe.
I dont disagree re the US, they have always had their "interests" to take care of.
Russia however are expanding their weaponry with its military might now generaly agreed to be at its strongest since the end of the cold war.
It also seems determined to regain its former satellite countries around the EU borders in Eastern Europe, and is currently moving massive troop numbers to the Ukraine border.
The EU havent helped by making wishy washy promises to Ukraine, and then dissapearing at the first sign of trouble.

I dont disagree re the US, they have always had their "interests" to take care of.
Russia however are expanding their weaponry with its military might now generaly agreed to be at its strongest since the end of the cold war.
It also seems determined to regain its former satellite countries around the EU borders in Eastern Europe, and is currently moving massive troop numbers to the Ukraine border.
The EU havent helped by making wishy washy promises to Ukraine, and then dissapearing at the first sign of trouble.

Yeah, the CIA coup in Ukraine has really destabilised things. Could you imagine how insane the US would be if the Russians staged a coup in Mexico.

Russia have been the big bad wolves who are going to kills us all for the whole of my life. I'm no longer afraid of the big bad wolf...

I agree 57, you paint a picture of IMI Witton 50 years ago, re staff and workforce treatment.

i got married in the late 6os, and had the dreaded constipation i was living with the inlaws in kingstanding, her mother gave me 2 tablets i got the 33 bus to perry barr ,i was working as a tool setter at tucker eyelets, when i got off the bus i broke the world record to get to the loo, seanie

Russia have been the big bad wolves who are going to kills us all for the whole of my life. I'm no longer afraid of the big bad wolf...
If we are to be frightened of the Russians its probably the ones that have bought up half of London, and moved bent money via the UK, together with the Russian mafia that have been allowed to get a strong hold in the UK that will most likely do more damage.

If we are to be frightened of the Russians its probably the ones that have bought up half of London, and moved bent money via the UK, together with the Russian mafia that have been allowed to get a strong hold in the UK that will most likely do more damage.

I have a sort of uneasy truce with the Russian mafia. I don't bother them, they don't bother me!

:grinning:

Since I laughed out at Fear's post, I'll treat you all to a proper rant.

RUSSIA! Every time the British defence forces feel that the gravy train is under threat they release some "news" that the threat of war with Russia is on the rise. How many times in history has Russia invaded the UK? It's fucking zero, isn't it? I didn't even bother looking that one up.

How many times has Britain invaded Russia? Two, maybe three. I had to look that up through. Russia has been invaded by the French and the Germans. Their border with Europe is very open so they are very concerned about NATO and a possible EU army invading.

So what's the chances of Russia invading the UK? Zero. Nada. Zilch. Not going to happen.

What are the chances of Britain invading Russia these days? Yep, it's zero too.

There is a very slight chance that British forces might have a minor skirmish with Russian forces somewhere neither of them belong like Syria or Libya. Both sides would immediately back away from that one. That's not the kind of fight they are looking for when they head out into the desert.

So why are we even talking about Russia? Why does anyone give a shit about Russia? It's just garbage that you are fed through the right wing press to make you feel insecure and so that you don't get upset when £5bn of your tax money is spent on a bullshit nuke programme (per year) while footballers have to feed starving kids and 1.6m people used Trussel Trust foodbanks BEFORE the pandemic!

Why does this shit cost so much money? Because it's all done through cosy contracts for Eton boys but don't look at that. Don't think about that. PUTIN! He's coming to get you!

£5bn could pay for a lot of other things. You could build 50 hospitals for that. You could invest it in developing industries that would create jobs and a virtuous economic cycle with more tax revenues and further spin off jobs but don't think about that. Look over there. I'm sure I saw Putin trying to break into your house.

It's fucking bullshit served up on a plate for the masses so that the gravy train never stops for the Eton boys and Joe Blogs gets fucked.

Fuck it. I'm not finished.

Why does Britain need an army anyway? That might sound like a stupid question but can you think of any serious national security threats at the moment? Is there any country in the world with the military capacity and national interest in invading Britain? Perhaps the US and they are Britain's biggest ally.

Islamic terrorism is done except random nutters with kitchen knives and the police deal with them.

So what does Britain get for its military money? I'll tell you but you won't like it. You, the above average man on the street gets nothing. Nothing. You pay your taxes for the RAF to spend ten days bombing caves that might contain ISIS. Fucking ISIS? Those bastards all shat themselves in the desert 4 years ago. ISIS are long gone so why the fuck did the RAF spend ten days bombing some caves in Iraq? Whatever it was, they aren't telling you. You are just the slob who pays for it.

So what's the point? Why spend all this money for no benefit? Well, there is a benefit, it's just not for you. The first one is those juicy crony contracts for the Eton boys. Very important that. Top priority.

The second benefit is that it's an army that defends the economic interests of the Eton boys anywhere in the world. Say you invest in a gold mine in central Africa but the locals don't like it and rag tag a militia together to run you out of town. If you are an Eton boy, the British special forces will show up to help put down that Islamic Militia that was trying to over throw the government.

If BP start developing an oil field on your ancestral lands and you pipe up about it, the British Army can step in and stabilise the situation. Brilliant!

Oh, but when the nurses work themselves half to death to keep people alive during a global pandemic, sorry, there is no money for them.

PUTIN!