I hate what the world is becoming | Page 56 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

An Aston Villa F.C. News Facebook page has stirred up a hornets’ nest. It posted a message wishing a “Happy Passover” with a a Star of David logo. It’s been inundated with comments from Arab posters wishing fire and damnation on Villa for seeming to endorse Israel’s occupation of Palestine. Some nasty stuff being written. There is a deep well of anger and resentment over the situation.

An Aston Villa F.C. News Facebook page has stirred up a hornets’ nest. It posted a message wishing a “Happy Passover” with a a Star of David logo. It’s been inundated with comments from Arab posters wishing fire and damnation on Villa for seeming to endorse Israel’s occupation of Palestine. Some nasty stuff being written. There is a deep well of anger and resentment over the situation.
Well they need to be reported for hate speech surely?

Hence my comments re free speech yesterday.

Can't get rid of thr phone line as it's part of the Virgin package I'm on. To take it out would mean I couldn't have the deal I'm on.

Complete waste of time. It never rings. No one has the no. I changed the no on it about 8 years ago as hot sick of gentlemen of foreign persuasion ringing at all times of the day. Last was one 10 PM at night which I completely flipped over.

Changed the no. Don't give it out as don't use it
CLOCKS OUT

Including Big Ben? ⏰

Hence my comments re free speech yesterday.

That hasn't changed over the years, it has always been a contentious argument that evokes mass anger and arguments. I saw over the years, certainly the 20 years MF and me have run forums. It is a debate/issue I have always avoided like the plague.

Check out all the angry face emojis and comments next time Villa Facebook do a pride month post

Is it the Jews, Seanie?

no its not the jews, or the arabs, what i was trying to say was ,if you read the news on the yahoo site from media newspapers, and the letters, people send in, its toxic, it really is frightening and i would say very infiltrating, as i said hidden agendas, when i ran my pub in tipton most of the customers were asians and they looked after me and i looked after them, thats what the real world should be like, seanie

Twats who light fires before 8-PM when you have washing out and don't even tell you they are going to do it 🔥🚒👨‍🚒

Twats who light fires before 8-PM when you have washing out and don't even tell you they are going to do it 🔥🚒👨‍🚒
Bloody hell that takes me back 35+ odd years, my old Garden in Hagley was 130ft long the people whose house backed onto it had a garden 200ft long but he always lit a bonfire right at the bottom of his garden when my wife had all the washing out. Needless to say he did it once too often and when I tell someone I'm not happy they usually listen, never did it again let's put it that way.
I'm a very quietly spoke pretty laid back bloke but rub me up the wrong way and face the wrath.

did a bonfire one bonfire night in the late 8os after moving to tipton from brum, it was a very foggy nite, so we didnt think many from brum would come, i did a grotty pudding and grey pays, as they say, i didnt know some of the youngsters, who came with there parents, but it all went well until the next day, they had only ripped up the neighbours fences halfway down the road, seanie

My wife works for Amazon and loves it there. The union bit however also applies to the UK so my wife joined Unite which they can't stop.

Nice to get some facts from someone who actually works there.

I do think we are a bit soft when it comes to working conditions these days, next to nobody works 8 hours a day and it's a bit of a culture shock when you get a job where you work a full 8 hours and not 2 or 3.

Most of my jobs have been within reason doing what I need to do when I need to do it, pop off have a chat, make a cuppa, go to the toilet when I want etc.
It's a shock when you get a job on a production line and work 8 hours and have to ask to go to the loo like being a school. Also, warehouse pickers work nonstop.
In fairness, most don't know any other way.
My Dad did nearly 50 years on the Mini line, that's tough trust me. Most of my jobs first thing was a cuppa and a chat about last night TV or Match then I might start work about 25 mins in. got my day in by 10am sort of jobs

You only have to look on here during the day to find out how hard people have it who are supposed to be at work but can find time to post and read Vital villa

Nice to get some facts from someone who actually works there.

I do think we are a bit soft when it comes to working conditions these days, next to nobody works 8 hours a day and it's a bit of a culture shock when you get a job where you work a full 8 hours and not 2 or 3.

Most of my jobs have been within reason doing what I need to do when I need to do it, pop off have a chat, make a cuppa, go to the toilet when I want etc.
It's a shock when you get a job on a production line and work 8 hours and have to ask to go to the loo like being a school. Also, warehouse pickers work nonstop.
In fairness, most don't know any other way.
My Dad did nearly 50 years on the Mini line, that's tough trust me. Most of my jobs first thing was a cuppa and a chat about last night TV or Match then I might start work about 25 mins in. got my day in by 10am sort of jobs

You only have to look on here during the day to find out how hard people have it who are supposed to be at work but can find time to post and read Vital villa

Name names !!!!

:whist:

It's a shock when you get a job on a production line and work 8 hours and have to ask to go to the loo like being a school
My late father in law worked at Drews Lane on a production line, and every time you needed to go to the toilet you used too have to raise your hand and shout out "shit gap" and another bloke whose job it was to cover breaks would jump in.

My late father in law worked at Drews Lane on a production line, and every time you needed to go to the toilet you used too have to raise your hand and shout out "shit gap" and another bloke whose job it was to cover breaks would jump in.
Yep they were called slip men, who were familiar with every job on the line, you would get a regular slip time but some poor bugger would get the one immediately after the lunch break when you might need one at 3pm.
I have worked on the skilled shop floor and on staff in the office about 50/50 and they don't know they are born compared to a production worker. My Dad wouldn't get his head around, "work" being done in an office. work to his is physical stuff. He has a point.
Millions can work from home these days what kind of fecking work is that, made up jobs really aren't they?

Yep they were called slip men, who were familiar with every job on the line, you would get a regular slip time but some poor bugger would get the one immediately after the lunch break when you might need one at 3pm.
I have worked on the skilled shop floor and on staff in the office about 50/50 and they don't know they are born compared to a production worker. My Dad wouldn't get his head around, "work" being done in an office. work to his is physical stuff. He has a point.
Millions can work from home these days what kind of fecking work is that, made up jobs really aren't they?

Controversial lol.

The truth is everyone has a role to play in a company , bit like a football team really. As long as everyone does their job well that is what counts and it doesn't matter if you are in the office or on the production line.

Controversial lol.

The truth is everyone has a role to play in a company , bit like a football team really. As long as everyone does their job well that is what counts and it doesn't matter if you are in the office or on the production line.

I agree, having been in both camps, office workers seem to think they are better than the shop floor. It's certainly another prejudice that I have experienced a lot.
Right from when I was 16, I did a 4-year apprenticeship and my mate did 2 years as an office trainee same company, he had a staff canteen and staff toilets we had a works canteen and toilets. He wasn't bright enough to get in as an appro but ended up treated better than me.
Just shows not all things were better 50 years ago as we all can go freely to the same canteens and toilets today. toilet apartheid is no longer an issue but I want compo for the mental scarring I received. wow, I was a victim yes! :wahey: