I hate what the world is becoming | Page 39 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

I think the right thread but with a few caveats.

Who the fuck is Laurence Fox other than an entitled (and not entirely career successful) prick that even Billy Piper seems to have had the sense to divorce?

The Wiki page makes for interesting reading -

Laurence Fox was born in 1978 in Leeds,[1][2] the third of the five children of James Fox and Mary Elizabeth Piper.

Fox lost his temper with a paparazzi photographer outside the Garrick Theatre in London where he was performing in Treats and was arrested for assault.

He is signed to Fox Cub Records[19] where he is the Director and sole named officer.[20] Laurence Fox has said he was banned from producing a song called "MeToo" by the record label, where he is the director.

In January 2020, Fox attracted media attention for stating that the depiction of a Sikh soldier in the film 1917 was "forced diversity", in spite of the fact that Sikh soldiers were in the army.[24] Appearing as a panellist on the BBC's political debate programme Question Time in the same month, he said that Meghan Markle was not a victim of racism and described as racist an individual in the audience who had called him a "white privileged male".[25] In March 2020, the actors' union, Equity, which had criticised Fox for his views, withdrew the criticism and apologised for it.[25] His views were described as those of a "half-educated twat"

In September 2020, Fox falsely claimed that he had been "cancelled" by fellow actor Rebecca Front, because she had blocked him on Twitter over his use of the All Lives Matter counter-slogan in response to the Black Lives Matter movement. Fox later apologised for revealing this through tweeting a private text conversation between the two performers, in which Front had explained her reasons for blocking him.[27][28] He was described as a "total ****" for his behaviour.[29]

In October 2020, Fox inexplicably announced he would be boycotting Sainsbury's because they "support racial segregation and discrimination" in reference to the store establishing safe spaces for black employees, and asked others to do the same. Sainsbury's later clarified that the safe spaces were online support groups established in response to Black Lives Matter and promoted as part of supporting Black History Month.[33] Feeling "falsely smeared as a racist", he replied to a number of tweets reacting to that announcement by calling their authors "paedophiles". Two of those people, RuPaul's Drag Race UK contestant Crystal and Simon Blake, deputy chair of the LGBT rights charity Stonewall, both gay men, later announced they would be suing Fox for defamation. Fox has deleted the tweets and explained in further tweets that he wanted to teach people a lesson in calling people something which they are not.

I'm not even going to bold the idiocy. The Pogues sum it up.

This verse is frequently sung loud in the pub when revellers are drunk.
You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last
Hope that helped.

This verse is frequently sung loud in the pub when revellers are drunk.
You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last
Hope that helped.

I don't think my hearing is tuned to the Irish Brogue to that level of detail. Once you see the words written down you can then here them. A bit like football chants.
I think I have a Peter Kay sense of hearing when it comes to songs.

I don't think my hearing is tuned to the Irish Brogue to that level of detail. Once you see the words written down you can then here them. A bit like football chants.
I think I have a Peter Kay sense of hearing when it comes to songs.
Very true, I was listening to a Bob Dylan song this morning on YouTube with written lyrics that I have thought for over fifty years was one thing, I now find I have been singing the wrong words all that time.

Very true, I was listening to a Bob Dylan song this morning on YouTube with written lyrics that I have thought for over fifty years was one thing, I now find I have been singing the wrong words all that time.
Glad it's not just me then, as I say my Granddaughter, I know all the words to every song, they might not be the right words or even in the correct order but I know them

I'm fairly new to Instagram. I tried getting into it for the nature photos and that. I don't follow that many people (or have that many followers) so I get a lot of those "suggested posts". I've noticed very recently that they are increasingly showing me stuff that is to do with identity politics, extreme right-wing posts or extreme left-wing posts. I suspect that they are trying to bait me into reacting to stuff since I never react to those suggested posts and don't really engage with the platform.

It's all pretty creepy really.

I'm fairly new to Instagram. I tried getting into it for the nature photos and that. I don't follow that many people (or have that many followers) so I get a lot of those "suggested posts". I've noticed very recently that they are increasingly showing me stuff that is to do with identity politics, extreme right-wing posts or extreme left-wing posts. I suspect that they are trying to bait me into reacting to stuff since I never react to those suggested posts and don't really engage with the platform.

Apparently, Instagram is for the young as they have got fed up with us old buggers taking over facebook . Anyone over 30 being old.
I thought like you it was full of great photos etc but it's getting taken over by the idiots

As you start to follow, it does start to select things that match your likes, I get a fair few correct, wildlife, fitness etc.

Apparently, Instagram is for the young as they have got fed up with us old buggers taking over facebook . Anyone over 30 being old.
I thought like you it was full of great photos etc but it's getting taken over by the idiots

I think it can probably be whatever you want it to be. The question is, do we even want it to be?

Oh my instagram is all nice photos, it is exactly as you say, it can be what you want it to be. Even my facebook has been cleaned up, loads on ignore, follow health, fitness, and wildlife/woodland stuff.

Instagram: I have only for comping (entering competitions)

I do put photos up to make it look like a proper account which it is. I follow and are followed by friends and some businesses.

Photos I put up not comp related are general of like a Kefelonia, Canada, N-Z and travel related as well as any reposts of comps to feed or stories.

As I do alot of cooking and baking still for various reasons and people as well as us, I share those type of pictures too.

Also fun pictures and the like. I dont do my political stuff on Insta. That's FB and here.

I also do not put my family and grandchildren pictures up on any other platform but my private page on Facebook. I am careful with what i put up too.

No children having fun in the bathroom type on FB either. Just general family on FB where my account is locked down to friends.

Twitter only really for comping too. Though I do look at some things and follow Villa and the like on there. I post general pictures like the same as Instagram

I see irrelevant actress Ellen Page has come out as transgender, changed her name to Elliot and now uses the pronouns he/they.

I guess being a lesbian wasn't getting her enough attention. It's hilarious that we're supposed to take these massive deluded egos seriously.

I see irrelevant actress Ellen Page has come out as transgender, changed her name to Elliot and now uses the pronouns he/they.

I guess being a lesbian wasn't getting her enough attention. It's hilarious that we're supposed to take these massive deluded egos seriously.

I hadn't heard that. I guess I just don't care enough about celebrities to read that kind of news.

I hadn't heard that. I guess I just don't care enough about celebrities to read that kind of news.

Yeah, sarcasm noted, but it's not as if you have to go look for it or read the celeb gossip. I just logged on to Twitter and it's in your face, Sky, BBC, RTE, because it's such important information.

I mean, I would have been genuinely surprised if it was Jennifer Aniston or someone, but her/he/they/Juno? Nahhh, being gay isn't trendy enough anymore.