I hate what the world is becoming | Page 10 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

You think it's funny? You actually believe that this world is better now than ever before? End of this conversation.

You think it's funny? You actually believe that this world is better now than ever before? End of this conversation.

Yes, as I said before, by every measure the world is better now than at any time in the past with the exception of global warming. Can you tell me when the world was better than it is now?

Last edited:
Genuinely I did, I loved the remake - but a little bit of wee did come out with the cameos admittedly! lol

Eldest prefers originals but enjoyed it (like me), youngest gets the remake more so prefers that.

What thread am I in again?

I'm confused......

Is this the 'what the world is becoming' or the film thread?.......

I was going to mention the situation in Hong Kong and the violent acts carried out by the Hong Kong police against, on the whole, none violent protesters...........

BBC News - Edinburgh Fringe: Tourette's charity wants apology over award-winning joke https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49395718

Mmmm. First read this and thought, yeah yeah...easily offended..its s joke. But actually.....

It isn't when you consider things that are off limits nowadays.

It's just how the media works these days. Joe Blogs makes a joke about people with short hair. A journalist calls up the Short Hair Society and reads the joke as a statement. The Short Hair Society says 'down with that sort of thing'. Journalist writes up the story as outrage among short haired people.

In reality, nobody really gives a shit but then those column inches don't fill themselves.

The next day the same journalist calls up Joe Blogs to get his apology to short haired people.

You can get at least 3 days worth of stories from one lad telling a joke. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, teenagers on Twitter bombard Joe Blogs with abusive messages making Joe Blogs think that people actually give a shit.

Having not been around much over that last year I feel that, in my absence, I've let you all down. I will now put things right by posting the definitive video on one of the main topics in this thread:-