I hate what the world is becoming | Page 67 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

American author Naomi Wolf has been suspended from Twitter after spreading vaccine misinformation.
Dr Wolf, well known for her acclaimed third-wave feminist book The Beauty Myth, posted a wide-range of unfounded theories about vaccines.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57374241

Where do they breed idiots like this?

A friend of mine also said that the vaccine has a kind of "new technology", I was intrigued as to how he got his hands on this information and where it was leaked from, but he couldn't tell me, he just read it on the internet.

You know I love a good conspiracy theory, but the vaccine stuff is rubbish. People just want to believe things, makes life more exciting.

Yeah, but the great conspiracy theories involve elements that can't be answered with a 30 second Google search - that's the intrigue, you don't know so you speculate, weigh up and so on lol

It's been pointed out before, the more religion doesn't play a part in people's lives, the more conspiracy theories have taken hold - so there's definitely an element of humans 'needing' to believe in something. But it seems we are now well into the realms of not believing in things that basically cause no harm (or give you a defence/excuse of not being in control for darker/unhappier moments) and shifting to beliefs that physically harm you.

You know I love a good conspiracy theory, but the vaccine stuff is rubbish. People just want to believe things, makes life more exciting.

My oldest brother is a very smart man but easily led, he won't get the vaccine and the woman won't let him near our wedding without it. Granted we're well over a year away from that. Going to be a very frustrating conversation. He loves a good conspiracy but I do think he borders reality at times with some of his nonsense.

I am convinced 90% of people who believe in whatever sort of conspiracy about vaccines are actually just afraid but for whatever reason don't know how to deal or cope with it. My brother is a big strong man you know. He's 41, 6"2, about 200lbs and you know how Ireland is for speaking about your feelings. He asked his pregnant missus not to get the vaccine out of fear what it would do to the baby. So he's definitely worried about it but hides behind a wall of conspiracy to the point I wasnt taking him seriously.

My oldest brother is a very smart man but easily led, he won't get the vaccine and the woman won't let him near our wedding without it. Granted we're well over a year away from that. Going to be a very frustrating conversation. He loves a good conspiracy but I do think he borders reality at times with some of his nonsense.

How about he gets a test before the wedding, would he agree to that? Surely there's a compromise there somewhere.

And back to normality.

RIP little man.

Police in Norway have said a body found on the country's coast earlier this year is that of a missing 15 month old who died in the English Channel.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57384925

Good to know Priti Patel is taking strong action here. A tersely worded letter to social media companies to more quickly remove videos of Channel crossings because they glamourise people trafficking. :thumbup:

How about he gets a test before the wedding, would he agree to that? Surely there's a compromise there somewhere.

Yeah I've got time to get at him, as said its miles out yet although the bigger is more the parents and kid. Our parents are a little frustrated with him as they're not fully vaxxed and they're honestly push overs in a few ways. The mother is worried about the grandson too, he'll probably be fine but he is only 3 years old.

I will say the missus reacted a little too harshly because she took it as ideologically based. His concerns more closely align to her own friends who are black who wont get it. Which I also get but ultimately do not agree with.

I also had to laugh in my mind about her sister who has took her young niece and nephew on a trip and is letting them play with other kids too. "You're worried about my brother giving the kids COVID but your sister out here letting them do whatever".

Do you ever just get a massive head and think only you can see other peoples sillyness :ROFLMAO: