I hate what the world is becoming | Page 106 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

Not sure how long all of us will be alright jack though if all these utility bills and prices continue to soar. The average man/woman are going to be on the verge of poverty soon.

No problem if your rich.

But if your average, living from wage to wage with no real savings? Ticking time bomb.

I dread to think Col and (I guarantee I'm on less money than anyone on this forum ) and that is sort of what I was hinting at we all feel sorry for the Ukrainians having the shit bombed out of them (whilst their footballers play on) but we are really only concerned about ourselves and the price of petrol etc

Not sure how long all of us will be alright jack though if all these utility bills and prices continue to soar. The average man/woman are going to be on the verge of poverty soon.

No problem if your rich.

But if your average, living from wage to wage with no real savings? Ticking time bomb.
agree , it's totally unsustainable for joe public whilst the utility/fuel companies make Billions each quarter and record profits . Capitalism at its very worst

Glastonbury: Sir Lenny Henry discusses festival diversity

Sir Lenny Henry has said it is "interesting" to see the apparent lack of black people in the audience at Glastonbury Festival.
The actor and comedian, 63, said he was also "surprised" by the lack of diverse faces at other UK festivals.
He made the comments while in conversation with BBC journalist and presenter Clive Myrie for Radio Times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-61786611

Interesting take. Should we worry about the lack of white people at the MOBO and BET Awards? Perhaps it's a matter of preference.

So does it mean more black people should headline the Festival? That might be worth thinking about. But if it means getting grime artists to headline like Stormzy in 2019, well you're only going to impact the quality of the festival aren't you?

Sir Lenny Henry has said it is "interesting" to see the apparent lack of black people in the audience at Glastonbury Festival.
The actor and comedian, 63, said he was also "surprised" by the lack of diverse faces at other UK festivals.
He made the comments while in conversation with BBC journalist and presenter Clive Myrie for Radio Times.

Interesting take. Should we worry about the lack of white people at the MOBO and BET Awards? Perhaps it's a matter of preference.

So does it mean more black people should headline the Festival? That might be worth thinking about. But if it means getting grime artists to headline like Stormzy in 2019, well you're only going to impact the quality of the festival aren't you?
I think there comes a point where we just have to realise that some colours of people just generally prefer to do other things.
I remember a while back the bbc claimed skiing was racist due to a lack of black people on ski resorts. But all the black people I know hate the cold and have the heating on if it goes below 25 degrees.

The same bbc also claimed the country side was racist. Remember that? But maybe they don't want to go.

How many white faces do we see at rap events? Not many because generally speaking white people prefer other music.
How much money does he think we all have? Everyone is skint Lenny. We all have to pick and choose our treats and do the things we love not the things we will do just to make up the numbers.

I would never waste my money going to a rap concert. But I wouldn't go to Glastonbury either. So what category am I in Lenny?

How many white people do we see in the 100metre final? None. Because black people have incredible sprinting genetics and with hard work can dominate easily.

I think he is looking for something that really isn't there. He is trying to stir the pot here. Absolute no need.

Grow up Lenny.

The same bbc also claimed the country side was racist. Remember that? But maybe they don't want to go.
Listening to a Muslim guy on radio last month who has started a walking group to encourage ethnic minority people out into the countryside.
He's said he is trying to remain positive, but conceeds that the English countryside is probably of little interest to many Muslim people.
BBC interviewer tried his damndest to lead this guy into saying it was because white people weren't welcoming, but the interviewee was having none of it.
When we moved to Cornwall virtually without exception our friends in Brum thought we were raving mad wanting to live in such a boring place.
The countryside is there, it's free, get out and enjoy it, but no it's not for everyone.

Listening to a Muslim guy on radio last month who has started a walking group to encourage ethnic minority people out into the countryside.
He's said he is trying to remain positive, but conceeds that the English countryside is probably of little interest to many Muslim people.
BBC interviewer tried his damndest to lead this guy into saying it was because white people weren't welcoming, but the interviewee was having none of it.
When we moved to Cornwall virtually without exception our friends in Brum thought we were raving mad wanting to live in such a boring place.
The countryside is there, it's free, get out and enjoy it, but no it's not for everyone.
Yes preferences do matter and not everything needs to be “proportional”

I think there comes a point where we just have to realise that some colours of people just generally prefer to do other things.
I remember a while back the bbc claimed skiing was racist due to a lack of black people on ski resorts. But all the black people I know hate the cold and have the heating on if it goes below 25 degrees.

How many white faces do we see at rap events? Not many because generally speaking white people prefer other music.
How much money does he think we all have? Everyone is skint Lenny. We all have to pick and choose our treats and do the things we love not the things we will do just to make up the numbers.

I would never waste my money going to a rap concert. But I wouldn't go to Glastonbury either. So what category am I in Lenny?

How many white people do we see in the 100metre final? None. Because black people have incredible sprinting genetics and with hard work can dominate easily.

I think he is looking for something that really isn't there. He is trying to stir the pot here. Absolute no need.

Grow up Lenny.
He really is getting tiresome in looking to stir up resentment and looking for divisive elements that are not there.
What we have is a fading comedian looking for every opportunity to get into the spotlight again.

Lenny Henry might want to ask why whites are underrepresented in Shisha bars?
Perhaps it is because white people don't want to go there - and communal smoking of tobacco is not a cultural pastime (and smoking in enclosed public places is illegal)

Lenny Henry might want to ask why whites are underrepresented in Shisha bars?
Perhaps it is because white people don't want to go there - and communal smoking of tobacco is not a cultural pastime (and smoking in enclosed public places is illegal)
They forget one thing when they are trying to be diverse, the uk is 94% white and not 50/50 which seems to be forgotten by the likes of the BBC and every other organisation in the country

They forget one thing when they are trying to be diverse, the uk is 94% white and not 50/50 which seems to be forgotten by the likes of the BBC and every other organisation in the country

Yes. This was something I saw discussed the other day. The black population in this country is 3% or 1.9 million. The UK population is 67 million .

Translate that very simply into the Glastonbury issue raised then thats 6,300 (3%) of a capacity of 210,000. Is it really a surprise that proportionally there isn't a prominence of black people at Glastonbury. And this isn't even taking into account the cultural thing where maybe its just not their choice to go because historically it's an event that primarily services those with a taste for a particular type of music and culture. I really give up with this divisive argument all the time . Actually if people got their heads out their arses for a minute they would see that the huge site ( it is basically a city for 5 days) that is Glastonbury has a hugely diverse array of events and acts to attract EVERYONE, it is not just about UK white rock band anymore. FACT.

Last edited:

The ONS have it that 88% of England and Wales is white and shockingly, only 3.3% of England and Wales is black. If that's the case, black people are massively over represented in British media.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...dandwales/2019#ethnicity-in-england-and-wales

The ONS have it that 88% of England and Wales is white and shockingly, only 3.3% of England and Wales is black. If that's the case, black people are massively over represented in British media.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...dandwales/2019#ethnicity-in-england-and-wales

I know you're not in the UK BB but f you were you'd swear we all lived in this 50/50 multicultural society when in fact the vast majority don't. I live in Smethwick and I'm actually an ethnic minority.
It's mistake politicians to make when trying to get elected and the reason the labour party struggle, when trying to get elected you have to target the majority not the minority The vast majority of the voters are over 30 straight white people so those are the votes you need to get.

In London though, it's probably something like 8%-10% black, which as we know, is the centre of the universe.

There's an unhealthy obsession with 'proportionality' and 'under representation' in general. Some things can be explained by preferences and culture, not everything is barrier that needs to be broken down.

I know you're not in the UK BB but f you were you'd swear we all lived in this 50/50 multicultural society when in fact the vast majority don't. I live in Smethwick and I'm actually an ethnic minority.
It's mistake politicians to make when trying to get elected and the reason the labour party struggle, when trying to get elected you have to target the majority not the minority The vast majority of the voters are over 30 straight white people so those are the votes you need to get.

I know what you mean. When I lived in London, it felt much more 50/50 or perhaps 70/30. Telford didn't feel like that though. Lol

I was genuinely shocked that it was only 3.3%. I lived in Lewisham for a while and that felt like 3.3% white.

And let's be honest Lenny. Maybe it's a compliment black people aren't seen at Glastonbury or skiing resorts.

Who in their right mind wants to sleep in a tiny tent, shit in a bucket, not wash properly for a weekend and be surrounded by mud and people on acid? My worst nightmare.

If I'm going to pay for a holiday I want sun and sea. I don't want to be freezing cold, brake a leg and struggle to walk everywhere.

So maybe black people just have more sense Lenny? Can't come at it from that angle though can he. Twat.

And let's be honest Lenny. Maybe it's a compliment black people aren't seen at Glastonbury or skiing resorts.

Who in their right mind wants to sleep in a tiny tent, shit in a bucket, not wash properly for a weekend and be surrounded by mud and people on acid? My worst nightmare.

If I'm going to pay for a holiday I want sun and sea. I don't want to be freezing cold, brake a leg and struggle to walk everywhere.

So maybe black people just have more sense Lenny? Can't come at it from that angle though can he. Twat.
Also, Lenny lives in a white world and is pretending to be down with da brothers

All minorities are hugely over represented in the media, including LGBT, in a report I posted here a while back, so this idea that they need "more of a voice" or "to be seen" is complete bullshit.

The only time this twat gets any media air time is when he comes out with this rubbish once a year.