I hate what the world is becoming | Page 105 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

No idea who the 3 golfers are they are interviewing on Sky but they are making a right pigs ear of justifying why they are taking the Saudi money.
Not exactly skint are they one is ranked 374 in the world and has earned 9m on the normal tour ffs one of the others has earned 59m, so I'm guessing he's pretty good.
They are as good as saying they are going for the money

It's interesting that the Arabs are trying to take over sports. I think they will fail but it's interesting (at least to me) that they have chosen sports instead of something industrial.

Well Sky forn over Newcastle but are having an issue with the golfers, I'm guessing Sky haven't got the rights to televise it.
Sky are only interested in money as well

Yup. Sky do all the PGA events. This Saudi tournament has 48 golfers and even the bloke finishing 48th is guaranteed £120,000 prize money. They reckon the appearance fees being paid in pretty eye watering as well . To be honest if you were a 48 year old Lee Westwood or whoever and someone is chucking millions at you to play 3 days golf , then it must be pretty tempting.

It's interesting that the Arabs are trying to take over sports. I think they will fail but it's interesting (at least to me) that they have chosen sports instead of something industrial.
They have chosen sports because they know sports fans are loyal to their team or their sports and in the main will turn a blind eye.

The only thing to stop it is people just switching off and boycotting anything that involves the Saudi's. But people won't do that will they.

Welcome to Britain

Cineworld cancels The Lady of Heaven film screenings after protests

Cineworld has cancelled all UK screenings of a film about the daughter of the Prophet Muhammad, after it prompted protests outside some cinemas.
The cinema chain said it made the decision "to ensure the safety of our staff and customers".
More than 120,000 people have signed a petition for The Lady of Heaven film to be pulled from UK cinemas.
The Bolton Council of Mosques called the film "blasphemous" and "underpinned with a sectarian ideology".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61729392

These people should move to Saudi Arabia.

Welcome to Britain

Cineworld has cancelled all UK screenings of a film about the daughter of the Prophet Muhammad, after it prompted protests outside some cinemas.
The cinema chain said it made the decision "to ensure the safety of our staff and customers".
More than 120,000 people have signed a petition for The Lady of Heaven film to be pulled from UK cinemas.
The Bolton Council of Mosques called the film "blasphemous" and "underpinned with a sectarian ideology".

Wasn't this the film made by Muslim practitioners?
But no, the angry protest lands on some unfortunate manager of a cinema and their minimum wage workers. Shocking. I've seen footage of the protest. Very intimidating.

Surely the protests should have been aimed at the film makers?

But no, the angry protest lands on some unfortunate manager of a cinema and their minimum wage workers. Shocking. I've seen footage of the protest. Very intimidating.

Yup the film makers are Sunni Moslems and the protestors Shi'a or the other way round.

Welcome to Britain

So much for freedom of speech then.

Reactions: TLP

It's sad that the film is being withdrawn for 'safety' reasons and thus they feel forced to accommodate a rabid mob of religious nutters who shouldn't be in this country in the first place due to clear and obvious incompatibility of values. We should not be accommodating religious extremists. If you want to live here you should comprise.

They don't want their staff or customers getting attacking by a mob of extremists, which makes sense, but it's unacceptable in 21st century Britain.
Totally unacceptable but totally not surprising.
Just imagine the absolute outrage if that was a group of right wing skin heads forcing.... With brute force and intimidation. Forcing a cinema to stop playing a film. The country would be in absolute uproar.

Arghhhhh. But it goes under the umbrella of a certain demographic we have to be careful what we say with.

White middle aged men and there would be anti protests and the film would be played before every football game as a virtue signalling gesture.

I'm currently an ethnic minority.

What do you think my chances are if I storm a cinema here, force the stoppage of a Thai film, play the religious card. Then the race card. What are my chances of getting the film stopped because it goes against what I may believe in?

I know exactly what would happen to me.

I'm currently an ethnic minority.

What do you think my chances are if I storm a cinema here, force the stoppage of a Thai film, play the religious card. Then the race card. What are my chances of getting the film stopped because it goes against what I may believe in?

I know exactly what would happen to me.

on your own, nothing, en-masse, something.

Life of Brian got all this, was great for their box office!

Salmon Rushdie we all remember what happened.

There was another film I heard mentioned on NewsNight from a good while back, that ran into the same issues as well and was removed.

This isn't totally new.

Totally unacceptable but totally not surprising.
Just imagine the absolute outrage if that was a group of right wing skin heads forcing.... With brute force and intimidation. Forcing a cinema to stop playing a film. The country would be in absolute uproar.

Arghhhhh. But it goes under the umbrella of a certain demographic we have to be careful what we say with.

White middle aged men and there would be anti protests and the film would be played before every football game as a virtue signalling gesture.
Those people out picketing cinemas and threatening staff with violence are terrorists as far as I’m concerned.

Trying to plan for the future it seems. The best way they can maintain some interface and prestige and even relevance with the West is through major sports. Formula one, Golf, EPL and CL Teams. I think they also know Europe is their best hope.

There is a loose expiration date on oil and gas and it looks like it'll happen in many of our lifetimes (next 50 years). The nuclear reactors are going back on, wind power in some countries is providing astonishing levels of energy and the EV revolution is just starting. I see it being the case where a larger share of their exports will start going to developing nations and they'll be competing with Western Companies offering green alternatives.

I really don't like a lot of the things that go on in this world but like 99.9% of the population, I do nothing about it at all. Probably like most things we really don't care that much outside of our own little worlds.
We pretend to care , we might even bung a few quid to charity to make us feel better but the bottom line is I'm ok J**K

I really don't like a lot of the things that go on in this world but like 99.9% of the population, I do nothing about it at all. Probably like most things we really don't care that much outside of our own little worlds.
We pretend to care , we might even bung a few quid to charity to make us feel better but the bottom line is I'm ok J**K
Not sure how long all of us will be alright jack though if all these utility bills and prices continue to soar. The average man/woman are going to be on the verge of poverty soon.

No problem if your rich.

But if your average, living from wage to wage with no real savings? Ticking time bomb.