I follow | Vital Football

I follow

Warrington Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Trying to purchase the match on I follow but keep getting a message that I need to upgrade my account any ides how I do this?

Has anyone else noticed this season that the stream on live games and playbacks stutters? On my fibre connection, it downloads about five minutes in a burst, then fails to download the next until it's too late, stutters or pauses, then bursts another five minutes. Doesn't matter whether the quality is set to HD, auto or even 240p. It's very annoying, but no idea if it's just my particular experience.

Has anyone else noticed this season that the stream on live games and playbacks stutters? On my fibre connection, it downloads about five minutes in a burst, then fails to download the next until it's too late, stutters or pauses, then bursts another five minutes. Doesn't matter whether the quality is set to HD, auto or even 240p. It's very annoying, but no idea if it's just my particular experience.

Compare that to the old redimps player with chwis over a mobile phone... improved but will never be perfect..

Not noticed any stuttering when watching live, apart from the odd flicker whatever. Usually have the quality on auto, for the most part it's pretty good.
However playing back any video on the OS does stutter/freezes for a sec every few mins.
Can be interviews/highlights, server problems? Dunno gets annoying though.

Last edited:
The Last 3 games have been almost unwatchable for me... this after it being consistently excellent for a long time. No idea why

I've watched every game ths season using the Firefox browser on my PC patched through to my TV with a HDMI cable, and have had no picture problems at all - even though my internet is not fibre.

In fact, I have thought on a couple of games that the streaming quality was better than last year, especially the Doncaster game.

If you are having problems, I would suggest trying a different browser. Unless you are using the app of course.

I've watched every game ths season using the Firefox browser on my PC patched through to my TV with a HDMI cable, and have had no picture problems at all - even though my internet is not fibre.

In fact, I have thought on a couple of games that the streaming quality was better than last year, especially the Doncaster game.

If you are having problems, I would suggest trying a different browser. Unless you are using the app of course.

Just the OS play back videos that stutter for me. Just watched the DC interview after Donny, still doing it. Are you seeing that?

Just the OS play back videos that stutter for me. Just watched the DC interview after Donny, still doing it. Are you seeing that?

Right guys and girls, the issues could be:

1 - Tx (transmission) speed and infrastructure at the host ground.

2. The intermediate relay and severs capacity.

3. Your own fibre/broadband/coppper (telephone line) to recieve.

4. Your own device ( mobile/PC/laptop/pad) cache, processor speed and RAM.

Noting the speeds and delays snd comparing them between direct BBC radio, sky sports (who delay) and iFollow. You can be subject to any of the above.

Right guys and girls, the issues could be:

1 - Tx (transmission) speed and infrastructure at the host ground.

2. The intermediate relay and severs capacity.

3. Your own fibre/broadband/coppper (telephone line) to recieve.

4. Your own device ( mobile/PC/laptop/pad) cache, processor speed and RAM.

Noting the speeds and delays snd comparing them between direct BBC radio, sky sports (who delay) and iFollow. You can be subject to any of the above.

Agree with all that, there can be various causes. So are you seeing stuttering on the play back of video's from the Lincoln site right now?

@grahametheexile

I get a second or so drop out every few minutes on the live audio only feed.

The combined live video/audio feed is surprisingly fine.

I can't help you on the archived play backs, as I have yet to indulge.

The only thing that has changed for me this season is my internet connection, which has gone from a legacy ASDL line, which maxed out at 700kb/s download and regularly fell below half that, to a fibre line which hits a reliable 15mb/s. Last year I could watch 720HD fine on a connection that wouldn't have pulled up trees in the early 2010s. So my bandwidth has soared, yet the player on the Imps site now doesn't seem able to manage its data bursts in a proper fashion.

It doesn't happen on any other streaming service I use, or Youtube etc.

I had no problems streaming the games last season or MK game this season.

But I had problems in the past and it all stemmed back to me getting a cheap broadband deal with Scottish and Southern Electricity.

Even though my connection was 75M I couldn't stream anything unless it was before 9 in the morning.

SSE use Daisy to handle their backbone traffic and they are just not up to it. Quite a few suppliers use Daisy so check to see if yours is one of them.

I switched to Sky and then Plusnet and had no problems with either (and neither use Daisy).