I follow | Vital Football

I follow

On Monday we are going to be thinking “who do we leave out?”. 👍
I have been wondering if we might sell Akindie?IE A league two club could see him as a very important signing and a definite starter .Depending on who Evans can get. I see it as not impossible depending on what Akindie is happy with.Akindie could be fifth choice picking three.i just wonder if he will be happy with that .If the striker we sign is able to play up top supported by Graham and Coyle. Then he might not even get on that regularly.

I have been wondering if we might sell Akindie?IE A league two club could see him as a very important signing and a definite starter .Depending on who Evans can get. I see it as not impossible depending on what Akindie is happy with.Akindie could be fifth choice picking three.i just wonder if he will be happy with that .If the striker we sign is able to play up top supported by Graham and Coyle. Then he might not even get on that regularly.

You might have a point there Chris. But I can’t see Akinde going. He’s probably our highest earner, and not sure any L2 teams would offer him as much In wages.

I was thinking whoever it is that we sign on Monday, I wouldn’t want to tell Graham, Oliver or Coyle they aren’t starting the next game. All were very good yesterday.

Young Trae continues to impress me. That’s 2 goals now, both classy finishes. And he also finished well in one of the pre-season games but an offside was given. I reckon he might turn out to be an absolute gem and can see him scoring quite a few playing off Oliver and with supply from Graham.

You might have a point there Chris. But I can’t see Akinde going. He’s probably our highest earner, and not sure any L2 teams would offer him as much In wages.

I was thinking whoever it is that we sign on Monday, I wouldn’t want to tell Graham, Oliver or Coyle they aren’t starting the next game. All were very good yesterday.

Young Trae continues to impress me. That’s 2 goals now, both classy finishes. And he also finished well in one of the pre-season games but an offside was given. I reckon he might turn out to be an absolute gem and can see him scoring quite a few playing off Oliver and with supply from Graham.
The club and Akindie might look at a loan if the offer is right .For me he is a class act at league two level who has never been able as yet to fully make the step up.Perhaps the pressure from Coyle ,Graham and Oliver .Plus another significant signing will see him up his game.
Young Trae has certainly started well. Arsenal regular within a year or so perhaps?

Last edited:
We are desperately short of players up top, there is no way Akinde is going unless we bring others in first.

Competition is great and Akinde is going to have to work hard to get Oliver out and that's great as Oliver is going to have work hard to stay in.

Long season ahead they will both play their part.

Agree with OSK re Coyle. A cool finisher. Opposite of Hanlon. Also thought the offside goal v Cambridge indicated that he doesn't panic in front of goal (and the pen v Cov).

We are desperately short of players up top, there is no way Akinde is going unless we bring others in first.

Competition is great and Akinde is going to have to work hard to get Oliver out and that's great as Oliver is going to have work hard to stay in.

Long season ahead they will both play their part.
If the only way of getting in a established striker is letting Akindie or someone else go if he or they want that .Then it has to be considered. Having another new young forward to support that is better in my view than sitting on a experienced player who is very much a reserve as Akindie could become. I would guess that is why the decision was made with Fuller not that Evans felt he could no longer do a job but because the cost did not warrant the position. I would argue that Akindie is in a weaker position than Fuller ever was frankly.We have to play Graham and Coyle .That leaves only one space. No point in bringing in someone who is not seen as better than Oliver and Akindie.That someone has to be someone who can play up top with or without Oliver or indeed Akindie.

Strikers are much more likely to be rotated then a full back, having different options upfront will be very handy and I’d be amazed if we’ve seen the last of Akinde. Evans stated he wanted another striker while Hanlan was here dithering over his contract, now he’s left my guess is he wants another two up top.

Last edited:
Strikers are much more likely to be rotated then a full back, having different options upfront will be very handy and I’d be amazed if we’ve seen the last of Akinde. Evans stated he wanted another striker while Hanlan was here dithering over his contract, now he’s left my guess is he wants another two up top.

Hanlan's only contribution yesterday according to the match report was a pretty tame strike that didn't trouble the keeper, so as yet he's not set their world alight.