I could get to like Steve Evans | Vital Football

I could get to like Steve Evans

hulloutpost

Vital Champions League
Times his departure from Mansfield perfectly to destabilise their promotion push whilst nimbly nipping into Peterborough just in time to derail their assault on the play offs. He's not all bad you know.

yes, my mate at work here in Swindon is saying the same. Phil Brown is in the job until the end of the season. His record after 8 games is W1, D4, L3, Matty Taylor lost his one and only game prior to brown's stint at home 0-3 to Cheltenham.
He announced in the local paper 2 days ago that he couldn't work with 40% of the team next season if he stays on. Most of the comments underneath say that 40% is pretty low.
Have a read of Phil Browns comments on this attachment and compare to the quality we get from Danny Cowley.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/..._stay_but_calls_for_changes_within_Town_camp/

Perhaps we can send him a couple of Ginsters if the tables stay as they are to say thanks (and hopefully a postcard or two from Wembley... if it was good enough for Brian Laws, it’s definitely good enough for him!).

You do have to think the late Palmer goal at Mansfield could well have been a major turning point in the season... and indeed Bostwick’s last-ditch effort against Swindon... stopped both getting big points leads on us at the time.

Perhaps we can send him a couple of Ginsters if the tables stay as they are to say thanks (and hopefully a postcard or two from Wembley... if it was good enough for Brian Laws, it’s definitely good enough for him!).

You do have to think the late Palmer goal at Mansfield could well have been a major turning point in the season... and indeed Bostwick’s last-ditch effort against Swindon... stopped both getting big points leads on us at the time.

Bit like that result at FGR the season before, season changing!

Thinking the same at the time, though we didn’t beat Mansfield it prevented a 3point swing....a FGR moment, and they seem to have stuttered since

Sorry, but I just had to post this, taken from Stagsnet. They are discussing whether John & Penelope will continue their financial support for the club - I have highlighted the funny bit:

"He’s a bigger man than that. He will have applied the same financial prudence to MTFC as he does in his One Call businesses. Couple that with the passion that he and Mrs R obviously have for the club, and I cannot conceive him walking away due to this season’s disappointment."

This is the same One Call that was fined £684,000 by the Financial Conduct Authority in January with Radford picking up a personal fine of £468,600 for mishandling client money. If Radford has applied the same financial prudence at Mansfield, they are in deep trouble.