Hypothetical Lolley/Burke Question | Vital Football

Hypothetical Lolley/Burke Question

Would You Accept This Offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galaxy42

Vital Football Hero
With West Brom being linked with Joe Lolley would you accept £12m + Oliver Burke in an exchange.

I know nobody wants Joe to leave, but would an offer in that region with an included replacement tempt you?

Nope... Lolley is twice the player/man.

Not that I think Burke is a bad player, but if ever there was an example for youngsters to look at, with that big money offer and to then see a career stall - then Ollie Burke is right up there.

Joe is loving his footy at Forest, having not really had a chance in the EPL at Huddersfield, so it would take a really daft offer that we cannot refuse for us to let him go.

That said - player power cannot be underestimated, just have to hope that Joe wants to fire us into the EPL!

Is there anything from a reputable source suggesting there is any truth in West Brom showing an interest in Lolley?

Or is it just rubbish from a click bait site linking Dowling with a raid on his former club?

Dowling will know, only too well, the kind of people he will be up against if they try and tempt Joe away; he will also know it will cost a lot of money to do so.

I reckon there is only one club who would have a likely interest who he would leave for, and they have potential FFP issues.

Nope... Lolley is twice the player/man.

Not that I think Burke is a bad player, but if ever there was an example for youngsters to look at, with that big money offer and to then see a career stall - then Ollie Burke is right up there.
i think thats a tad harsh

we wanted to sell....and he was offered a chance to play in the Bundesliga...there arent many that would turn that down. look at the young lad sancho at Dortmund, that could have gone the same way, but he had a few cracking performances and hasnt looked back

Firstly I would be gutted if Lolley was to go.However hypothetically if we were to bargain with WBA I would ask for Phillips! To be honest would Lolley get straight in as Phillips and Barnes have cemented their places already? I would be happy for Burke to come back but not as a replacement for Lolley.Burke needs match fitness first. The one player I would go for it we lost him would be Jarrod Bowen at Hull.

i think thats a tad harsh

we wanted to sell....and he was offered a chance to play in the Bundesliga...there arent many that would turn that down. look at the young lad sancho at Dortmund, that could have gone the same way, but he had a few cracking performances and hasnt looked back

Did you know that OB had visited RB Leipzig in the summer prior to his move there? Interesting summer holiday.

For the money we were offered, we could not really refuse - especially, given our financial situation and the owner.

Ollie or his parents could have said no, as he was just starting to show his potential - but, that was life changing money for Ollie.... I don't blame him, but as AK has said - there are 3 parties that have to agree to a move, both clubs and the player!

In terms of having the raw materials, OB is a big, strong lad, with pace and skill - but, I thought he offered little defensively & had a questionable attitude.... great going forwards, but sometimes you have to dig in and help the team grind out a result.

Since he left, he has not played regularly enough - whether that be in Germany (where his attitude and commitment to a defensive team ethic was questioned) and then at WBA, where has had even less football (under 2 separate coaches) - indeed, he's only played 38 minutes of league football out of 20 games, this season.

I still hope he comes good, but it appears unlikely at WBA.

Firstly I would be gutted if Lolley was to go.However hypothetically if we were to bargain with WBA I would ask for Phillips! To be honest would Lolley get straight in as Phillips and Barnes have cemented their places already? I would be happy for Burke to come back but not as a replacement for Lolley.Burke needs match fitness first. The one player I would go for it we lost him would be Jarrod Bowen at Hull.

Bowen is a decent player.... I'd rather have Grealish from Villa, but that's pretty unlikely!

Burke and Cash would tear it up-I would take him back on a loan and use him in the last 20-25 mins of games

Job done. Dias hasn't really done the business

Did you know that OB had visited RB Leipzig in the summer prior to his move there? Interesting summer holiday.

For the money we were offered, we could not really refuse - especially, given our financial situation and the owner.

Ollie or his parents could have said no, as he was just starting to show his potential - but, that was life changing money for Ollie.... I don't blame him, but as AK has said - there are 3 parties that have to agree to a move, both clubs and the player!

In terms of having the raw materials, OB is a big, strong lad, with pace and skill - but, I thought he offered little defensively & had a questionable attitude.... great going forwards, but sometimes you have to dig in and help the team grind out a result.

Since he left, he has not played regularly enough - whether that be in Germany (where his attitude and commitment to a defensive team ethic was questioned) and then at WBA, where has had even less football (under 2 separate coaches) - indeed, he's only played 38 minutes of league football out of 20 games, this season.

I still hope he comes good, but it appears unlikely at WBA.

Lol been drinking at the font of Jom with your inside knowledge...

I think if we accept any offer for one of our key players so far this season it would be a massive step back and just show the players that remain that we aren't really "serious about promotion". Unless he was replaced with someone better obviously and I don't think olliewould be.

I think if we accept any offer for one of our key players so far this season it would be a massive step back and just show the players that remain that we aren't really "serious about promotion". Unless he was replaced with someone better obviously and I don't think olliewould be.

Not always that simple VR.

Players have a knack of getting what they want... just hope that there are no financial trigger clauses and that Joe remains happy at Forest!

I do know that many Huddersfield fans were shocked that he was allowed to leave and certainly for the amount we paid!

Not at all CP.... mentioned this at the time of his sale.

If I know something, provided it is not overly sensitive nor will it cause me an issue, then I'll post it.

Take it or leave it.

This is one I know a little about and I've heard a very different narrative.