Husband Signs | Vital Football

Husband Signs

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
s, including 38 en route to promotion in the 2020/21 campaign.

On his new deal, James Husband said:
“I’m absolutely delighted to be staying with Blackpool for another two years.
“I’ve really enjoyed my time here to date and the victory at Wembley last month was one of the best days of my life.
“I can’t speak highly enough of the team and how hard everyone worked throughout the season, and I’m now looking forward to playing in the Championship with Blackpool next season.”

Turned his career around ever since the red card, I thought he was finished then. As a utility player he's great cover at centre half and full back but not as a regular starter at either imho. That said he did so very well at centre half, but think the Viking could be a real quality player. Welcome back hope you have a great season

Turned his career around ever since the red card, I thought he was finished then. As a utility player he's great cover at centre half and full back but not as a regular starter at either imho. That said he did so very well at centre half, but think the Viking could be a real quality player. Welcome back hope you have a great season

Agree with pretty much every point there, except i'd almost be looking at him exclusively as a CB in the championship. I think his lack of pace just left him exposed at LB and the move to CB changed his season.

Agree with pretty much every point there, except i'd almost be looking at him exclusively as a CB in the championship. I think his lack of pace just left him exposed at LB and the move to CB changed his season.
Had some of the best stats of any left back in L1 this season (just for games played at left back). I'll try and find them later.

Welcome back Husband; just learn to keep your temper in check and you'll be right.

I do worry about Husband in the Championship with his previous discipline issues, which he did seem to get better with.

Deserves a new contract but not sure if he will be a regular but he may well make the step up fine.

Sometimes keeping that unit together is important though and brings out the best in players, look at Sheffield United’s first season in the Premier League with the likes of Basham, Fleck & Lundstram, they aren’t Premier League players are they really (I did like Basham though) but had a superb first season. We won’t say much about the second season. Wales at Euro 2016 is another good example about that togetherness can get you far.

I do worry about Husband in the Championship with his previous discipline issues, which he did seem to get better with.

Deserves a new contract but not sure if he will be a regular but he may well make the step up fine.

Sometimes keeping that unit together is important though and brings out the best in players, look at Sheffield United’s first season in the Premier League with the likes of Basham, Fleck & Lundstram, they aren’t Premier League players are they really (I did like Basham though) but had a superb first season. We won’t say much about the second season. Wales at Euro 2016 is another good example about that togetherness can get you far.

Absolutely. I think the core of the team could give a good stab at the championship anyway.

2 or 3 additions to improve the starting XI, and then refreshing the bench and replacing "squad" players with young players with potential (i.e. replace Thorniley with the lad from Leeds).