Hull City vs Villa | Page 14 | Vital Football

Hull City vs Villa

WTF is an assist , it can be anything from a brilliant pass, to the ball bouncing off your ass and landing at a players feet for a tap in .
Stats really get on my tits , they can be used to prove or disprove anything
Take Snoddy he takes virtually every free kick and corner , bound to get more "assists" as he hogs everything . Where are the stats to say how many times he beats the same player and fails to deliver a cross , I can tell you just by watching he fails to deliver a cross more times than he delivers one .
In saying that he draws 3 players around him leaving others free . That doesn't count for anything stat wise.
A player making a run and pulling a defender out of position which results in a goal is an assist but it's not recorded . A player who wins a free kick or corner which results in a goal doesn't get an assist but it's still assisted in a goal .
Does the player who passes the ball two yards to Messi who then beats 3 players and scores a worldy, get an assist ? Probably

About time people went back to the best method of analysing a game , use your eyes !

I hate this sky football world where we are now told what we are watching

After our 2 best performances ( Wolves and Blues ) we didn`t show up in the games after - this shows weak mentality ( which Bruce has admitted himself exists in his squad ).

In regards tactics Bruce will just throw players up top with little thought, old school style and we have seen it many times under him.

Then it`s hoof and hope.

Yes Brucie has done a magnificent job in getting the club out of the doldrums. However he may have taken us as far as he can.

We will see after the play offs if this is true or not.