Snodgrass, something around 15 assists, 4 or 5 goals
Adomah - something like 15 goals 10 assists
Jedinak - going to yet again another World Cup
Bjarnsson - same
Hourihane - to me limited, but about 8 goals and a few assists
Whelan - 300+ games in the Premier and about 50 international games
Onomah - massively, massively rated by Spurs

etc......

And yet "Jack is the only one with quality" with his 1 goal, 4 assists and 7 goals and 7 assists in 4 years and little else apart from attitude and front page headlines

Has anyone ever thought that maybe it is him that is the issue, not all the rest, apart from 5 games , when, fair play , he played bloody well, he has done absolutely NOTHING for 48 months - and I was willing to give him a bit of patience when he was contending with the likes of Kante and co... but when he isn't , and hasn't done it against Leandro Bacuna and Joe Bennett - sorry, I have lost patience

As for managers, I know it went wrong, and ultimately was terminated, but I think Jap Staam will be very very good and successful manager.

If they don't go up, which I think they will, but if they don't - I would try and poach The Fulham bloke - surely we can beat them in any department apart from being on the River Thames

Last edited:
I think Bruce’s problem is that he is too negative both home and away, underlined by his continuing selection of Jedinak to “protect” Terry and Chester.
Having said that I don’t agree with those that say this is a strong squad. It’s a very limited, aging squad lacking in pace and energy, many with their better days behind them or having never fully arrived. What’s worse is their capitulation in the last three games, allowing themselves to be bullied into submission. You could count the fighters with heart on one hand. Very sad and disappointing..

Has the 'Villa Engine' now been superseded by route one?
I dont think route one ever really left us tmg.
We had a few brief games where we pinged it about a bit, but as soon as we cant find a way through we seem to revert to type and bang it forward.
The really annoying part about it is when we do play with pace and tempo we look good and score goals, but for some reason we then return to type.
Dont understand it

As for managers, I know it went wrong, and ultimately was terminated, but I think Jap Staam will be very very good and successful manager.

If they don't go up, which I think they will, but if they don't - I would try and poach The Fulham bloke - surely we can beat them in any department apart from being on the River Thames

You lost me at Jap Staam :lol:

And I am the poster who said you are obsessed with Grealish.
And you can throw stats around all you wish. I disagree with you.

you really think he will dictate against De Bruyne and co...

De Bruyne wasn't dominating at that age either.

Maybe the problem is expecting players to be Kaka whilst forgetting Kaka took a few years to grow into his name.

Grealish isn't good enough, so now let's pile unhelpful pressure on Green, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare etc and in 12 months we can start writing them off as well because they aren't De Bruyne - whilst missing neither was De Bruyne at their age/experience etc.

Hey hum.

Bruce has always been negative and only ever been fotced into a pro active performance. I would wager that we dont train hard enough and are physically not as strong as teams around us. If you have the biiggest wage bill in this league it should mean you have the tools to dominate and not be out thought by ian holloway or nigel atkins. Neil warnock eats bruce for breakfast and would have got us promoted by now.

Agreed ‘67. No point having three or four strikers on the pitch if you can’t get hold of the ball. The Hogan for Jedinak substitution was mind-boggling as it took off the only midfielder on the pitch who was actually getting the ball. We were completely out-passed and out-possessed in the final 20 minutes. As a coach you have to be able to see the way the game is developing and even Stevie Wonder could see that we needed to get hold of the ball and keep it better at the start of the second half. It’s easy (short sighted) to say “we need a goal so let’s stick all our goal scorers on and hope for the best..”
I have to say that I’m starting to lose faith in Bruce’s ability to assess a match and make the correct changes to affect the outcome.

The 4 up front and no creativity is just the tactic of a desperate manager who hasn't got a clue.

Remember when McCleish used to say “we’re not negative, we had four strikers playing.” Eerily similar comments from Bruce... :unsure:

This season isn't over yet. We are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. Let's judge Bruce at the end of the season.

Bruce under threat after drawing away to an improving Hull City.
Hull have had a mixed bag of results recently scrapping for their lives and we are on a poor run of form.

Lets sack Bruce before the play offs and possible promotion and get it out of the way.