Hull City vs Villa | Vital Football

Hull City vs Villa

starchild65

Vital Squad Member
The Villa come to my neck of the woods next Saturday. Talking to City fans they reckon SB is going to get a very warm reception - he's still very popular here. I hope our ex Tigers players don't reciprocate the warmth by giving City an easy 3pts. Much riding on this game for both clubs, Tigers need the win to push for safety we need the win to get our promotion chase back on track. I need a Villa win to ensure bragging rights and a smug face at work. We should have crushed them back in August let's hope we right that travesty and do the business in front of the tv cameras and send the thousands of travelling fans back home happy. I'll leave the score predictions to everyone else I just want a Villa win by any score (the bigger the better) and by any means.

Oh and please anyone wanting to do a write up or report don't say Humberside, Hull is in East Yorkshire. I have already slammed the Birmingham Mail for calling this area by that.

I hope you get those bragging rights starchild, and no score prediction from me either.They are far to unpredictable to predict.
It cant come quick enough, totally pissed off with these boring international breaks, boring bloody England.

We've nearly always slumped after internationals. Have we put that aside? Hope so. But then I thought we'd put aside doing low-down teams a favour...

Assuming no injuries from internationals and nobody tired from the travelling, this should be a convincing win. I'll take a scrappy 0-1, without a lot of conviction.

Prove me wrong, lads, and make it a convincing win :utv:

I was thinking the same re after the international break. After the last two matches, this one could be "one wheel on my wagon".....

Obviously hope not. I'll wait and see what team news we get.

Lots of talk about our poor record after international breaks, so thought I'd check -

9th Sept - Villa 0 Brentford 0
14th Oct - Wolves 2 Villa 0
18th Nov - QPR 1 Villa 2

So 3 international breaks... 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat, and the defeat was away to the league leaders.

Are we making a mountain out of a mole hill perhaps?

Hull have the 3rd worst defence in the league.

We have the 3rd best attack.

Surely that equals goals for the good guys? 3-0

Well Deano, that’s certainly what the stats would say.... however this is Aston Villa we’re talking about...:oops:

Lots of talk about our poor record after international breaks, so thought I'd check -

9th Sept - Villa 0 Brentford 0
14th Oct - Wolves 2 Villa 0
18th Nov - QPR 1 Villa 2

So 3 international breaks... 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat, and the defeat was away to the league leaders.

Are we making a mountain out of a mole hill perhaps?

In short

Yes.

So I've already disproved the "we always do badly after an international break" line, you now want me to disprove the "We always do badly on TV" line too? Challenge accepted!

Villa 1 Hull 1
Colchester 1 Villa 2
Bristol City 1 Villa 1
Barnsley 0 Villa 3
Villa 2 Forest 1
Wolves 2 Villa 0
Blues 0 Villa 0
Preston 0 Villa 2
Leeds 1 Villa 1
Villa 2 Sheff U 2
Brentford 2 Villa 1
Forest 0 Villa 1
Sheff U 0 Villa 1
Villa 2 Blues 0
Villa 4 Wolves 1
Bolton 1 Villa 0

Played 16
Won 8
Drew 5
Lost 3

In the league thats 26 points from a possible 45.... which is top 2 form.

So people PLEASE stop being so negative!!!!!!!

We DONT have a bad record after international breaks
We DONT have a bad record on TV

So stop saying we do and be postive!!!!

:utv::utv::utv:

The TV thing is a long running thing, but obviously it hasn't been that bad season.

Hadn't we not won on TV in 2 years until a while back? Or at least away from home or something?