Hull City v Wigan Athletic | Vital Football

Hull City v Wigan Athletic

If everyone was fit and the team fully settled i think Richardson would go for wholesale changes. But i think he'll potentially want to get minutes for players like Pearce and Edwards who started against Sunderland but have missed parts of preseason and need to back up to speed. He may also want some players like Long and Whatmough to play another game together to develop that partnership. He may even want Wyke to start as we desperately need to work on how we play with him in the side.

But he'll certainly want to give the lads who didn't start against Sunderland a chance to impress as starting positions could be up for grabs against Rotherham. So I'd expect Jamie Jones, Cousins, Massey, Jordan Jones, Asgaard, Humphrys will all start.

Talal said we were due a new signing (presumably Blackett-Taylor?) so there might be a debut on the night.

If I was Leam I'd start with Wyke and have Jordan and Aasgaard either side of Humphrys behind him.
We need to start getting proper service to Wyke.
Give Cousins a run out with Power as people seemed to think he was better with the ball and more composed than Naylor.

I wonder if Talals new signing was himself?
Announcing his arrival in Wigan.

I saw the game on my Android box but it only had the Sunderland commentary on two of the links the other link wasn't working

Yep Android Boxes or Firestick I have both. Box upstairs and Firestick downstairs (Box cost me £25.00) I already had a Firestick. I pay £65.00 a year for ALL sports channels Pay Per View. Films etc. all you need is a decent internet connection There are a few people offering subscriptions but I'm happy with the guy I get mine off.

I'm not going to Hull tonight.....as its only the EFL Cup and i'm not overly bothered about the result.

However, I really hope that Leam Richardson uses this game wisely as an opportunity to experiment with tactics and find a way of getting the best out of
Charlie Wyke.....without it being to the detriment of our other attacking players.

Humphrys, Lang, Keane and Edwards have all found the back of the net but Wyke is obviously yet to break his scoring duck for us. The longer he goes without scoring, the more it will start to affect his confidence.

It will be very interesting to see how we line-up and what sort of personnel and tactics are employed.

I'd imagine Wyke and Humprys will start tonight, probably along with Asgaard, Watts, the 2 Jones's and Cousins to give him game time. As for the rest of the team, not sure, might have to be a few kids especially on the bench

Guessing we'll only be taking 200-300 fans to Hull tonight.

Anyone on here going?

Be there tonight, setting off in next half hour. Can see there only being 2-300 there, especially as Hull have for some reason insisted on it being all ticket (in a ground likely to have 20,000 empty seats), so no scope for any of our fans to decide last minute to go. Can imagine there might have been a small number of people who were like me and hadn't even thought of it being all ticket

Be there tonight, setting off in next half hour. Can see there only being 2-300 there, especially as Hull have for some reason insisted on it being all ticket (in a ground likely to have 20,000 empty seats), so no scope for any of our fans to decide last minute to go. Can imagine there might have been a small number of people who were like me and hadn't even thought of it being all ticket

Post your thoughts on the game when you get back.

I'm guessing Power at right back and Naylor at centre half. I guess it shows were we lack depth.

Strange Massey doesn't start unless he's not fit.

I'm guessing Power at right back and Naylor at centre half. I guess it shows were we lack depth.

Strange Massey doesn't start unless he's not fit.
Looks like it.

I mean, I don't recall the last time two true wingers started together, so it's not really a surprise. Jones needs to play, too.

Is Smith any decent? I don't think I've ever seen him touch a ball

Looks like it.

I mean, I don't recall the last time two true wingers started together, so it's not really a surprise. Jones needs to play, too.

Is Smith any decent? I don't think I've ever seen him touch a ball
I can't remember the last time one true winger playing the role of a traditional winger started. It'll be guaranteed if Jones does start he will not be used as a traditional winger. He will either be played too deep or as an attacking midfielder cutting in rather than going around defenders reducing opportunities for todays poor get up top on his own screaming for service.