Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread.

Yes you're right. Suspended for the first 2 games due to a red card he picked up for making obscene gestures while on loan at Antwerp.

So not very good, suspended, and a dick head.

Pre-season means nothing, it's just about fitness.

I could probably look good against a Walsall 2nd string playing to 50% of their potential.

Oh and I'd argue Hourihane was our best player anyway.

We've never seen de Laet have a decent run with us - he broke his leg as soon as he joined and then Bruce sent him off on loan when he was finally fit because he'd collected a number of right-backs in some bizarre fetish.

He's a better bet than Elmo or Hutton in a wing back set up imho.

And re fitness, I do wonder how much benefit you get when you're taken off after 45 minutes of every match as happened to most of our players. Only Steer and Kodjia didn't get hooked.

I saw a lot of him for Leicester and never really rated him, and wasn't overly keen when we bought him, so suppose I'm going to be a bit negative.

Elmo and Hutton both had good season's last year.

De laet if I recall couldn't even get into the Antwerp side when on loan.

Think it's just a classic case of a player becoming better in peoples minds while being out.

I do hope we see an improvement in movement with getting the ball forward quicker rather than the predictable sideways passing and hoofball we saw too often last season.

As a matter of interest have we sold our allocation of away tickets?

Come on you Villa boys:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

Last edited:
Elmo needs to wake up if he plays this season, not sure what matches my erstwhile colleague deano was watching, but I'd not say he had a good season at all.

I really like Elmo. He was always a 7 out of 10 when I saw him. Never outstanding but don't recall any shockers either.

Elmo Hutton Chester Jack Hourihane Jedi Whelan Albert Koj and probably Whelan will play.

That leaves a Keeper and one other? Green?