Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread.

Given the pressure on players, a good start is massive. Towards the end of last season we began to feel we were going somewhere, but a lot of the season was spent with us misfiring. That boost to the confidence with a good start makes a big difference.

I want 3 points Monday night. Couldn't care less about how we get them. Get the confidence going and we will play better.

Think we are going to miss JT at the back. Lets see if Bruce at least gives a couple of youngsters a start on the bench.

Complete opposite for me. The result is the only thing that matters. We need to start off quickly this year and get points on the board.

Same - result is the only thing for me that ever matters really. When Villa win I am happy, when we lose but play well I'm only marginally less furious then I am with a 'poor' win.

As it happens, after all the negativity over the summer, I have this sneaky feeling that we may just get off to a flyer. 0 - 3 and everyone wondering what all the worrying was about.

However, winning when playing well is better for the long-term as winning when playing shite eventually catches up with you.
I remember how shite we were when Lambert got us 10 out of the first 12 points one season, it was never going to last as we were scoring from our only shot of the game.

I really hate that for the 3rd year running sky have moved us off 3:00 Saturday afternoon for the 1st game of the season.

And one day not so far away we will be the Manchester United of the premiership Called Aston Villa

I have to believe anyone who says they'd rather us lose (under any condition whatsoever) is off their fucking rocker

I agree. Seeing Villa do well is all that really matters regardless of how you may or may not feel for the manager.

To want to actually see Villa lose just to get rid of a manager and show how right you were is beyond stupid.

I don't even like it when the Villa women's team lose so as always I will be cheering the lads on come Monday evening.

Up The Villa Boys :utv::utv::utv:

Anyone travelling to the game Monday night please note that one of the main artery routes through the city centre is down to one lane and is causing massive tailbacks at certain times of the day. Obviously the game at KCom will mean more traffic in the area. If you are coming by car I would advise giving yourself a bit more time as traffic gets bad on A63 inbound. Stay safe, have a safe journey to and from the game and let's smash them Tigers off their park. If you are coming by train to the game, you can walk up Anlaby Road direct to the ground or better yet get one of them nice red and white buses (EYMS) from stands 7 8 and 9 at the interchange (1.30 fare) and say hello to the driver who will no doubt tell you one of his workmates is a big Villa fan - me.

Up The Villa!!!

Well time for a shower then i'm off to my hotel in Hull then meet up with my mates about 1ish COME ON VILLA

Here we go again.

Quite enjoying a summer off from football stresses. (World cup doesn't count as I have given up on England years ago. And I really don't care).

Strange results this first weekend. Although really they are not that strange because first weekend and the last weekend results are always topsy turvy.
Baggies lost, Stoke lost, Boro scraping a draw. Much fancied forest drawing .

In essence anything could happen tonight. I know if we lose there will be the inevitable meltdown but remember it's the first game and it's a difficult one to read and make any sort of predictions for a season of success or failure.
Keep calm and carry on folks. There is blue (and claret) sky on the horizon. Even if it's not this season the arrival of the two new owners give us renewed hope. Patience and riding these months out is key for us all.