Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...on-where-will-the-24-clubs-finish-this-season

Sky has Hull being relegated. Mind you they have us finishing in 9th. On the basis of that we should walk it. On the basis of our historical habit of giving poorly clubs a helping hand, Hull should nick it.

Another historical habit of ours is that we always start badly.That may not be a bad thing; last time we won on the opening match of the season (Bournemouth) we were relegated by a mile.

Whatever, it's about time we bucked the trend. I'll go for a clear 0-3 win against Hull, and the start of a very good season, much better than the Sky numpties predict.

They have the top 3 as Stoke, Middlesborough and Brentford. I think Dean Smith does a great job but his squad haven't the depth to get there.

Before the takeover I would have been happy with 9th but not now.
But in terms of the team/squad nothing has improved, this will take time again. 9th this season sounds about right considering we are far weaker without Terry Snoddy Grabban & Johnstone .

I haven't got a clue who will play or what the result could be. Probably nor has Bruce. We've both yet to consult our tea leaves.

Think I'll leave it until the weekend.

As things stand my team would be

Steer

De laet Elphick Chester© Hutton
Bjarnisson
Green Hourihane Jack Adomah
Kodjia

If we do bring in a keeper and Tammy Abrahams then they can come in for steer and Kodjia.

Bench--Bunn, Clark, Jedinak, Whelan, Doyle-Hayes, Elmo, Knibbs

They are the only club that, when written down, cannot be coloured in either wholly or partly. Unlucky, JW & northampton.

But in terms of the team/squad nothing has improved, this will take time again. 9th this season sounds about right considering we are far weaker without Terry Snoddy Grabban & Johnstone .

Nothings got worse though. Was banking on losing more and we can sign loan/cheap replacements. Need goalkeeper, centre back, striker cover though. Again youngsters need the chance to contribute. Depends on Bruce to be honest.

Must win game

thought I'd get in early with that
altho at 2 pts a game needed Stevie doesn't want to be fannying around with the 'shackles' on if he's still to be around after 10/20 games (depending on your patience levels obv)

Spot on Silhill. Unfortunately and I don't mean to come across as an arse but people are going to have to get their heads around the fact that we may have new owners (Who we hope are finally THE ones we have been waiting for). In terms of what we can do signing and selling wise things are as they were from the moment the final whistle went at Wembley due.

It's definitely keep calm and carry on this season as things will improve but it will take time and after the summer we have had I just cannot see us challenging.

The truth, its not about winning this game its about performance.
I want to see every player sweating his bollocks off and working, giving 100% for the thousands who will be chanting their names, the Lion on the shirt and the manager.

I want to see the "new attitude" losing some decent players we now need those left to step up to the plate and show that playing for Aston Villa means something to them.

So win lose or draw I want to see the players bust a gut "for the claret and blue claret and blue"

Complete opposite for me. The result is the only thing that matters. We need to start off quickly this year and get points on the board.