Hull at home - first match | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hull at home - first match

I may sound harsh but I honestly couldn't care less about ex players playing against Gillingham. Tom Eaves did well for us and of course I wish him all the best for the rest of his career but when he faces Gillingham while I won't boo him I won't clap and offer support either.

I know some fans think it's the polite thing to do but I just want Gillingham to win at all costs. That's it.
Football’s an intimidating, tribal game where people turn on each other for small reasons, but I’m happy to clap a goalkeeper at the start of the second half for tradition’s sake. I’m also happy to clap a former player before the game. I wouldn’t sing anything good or bad about him during the game though, unless maybe if he gets subbed off or whatever. Doing this doesn’t give us the cringeist support in the league, we still make a better homer atmosphere than many others in the lower leagues.

On the other hand I cringe when we give grief (no matter how light) to someone who didn’t really leave under a cloud. It also usually leads to them playing well against us.

The chances are McCann won’t play him to his strengths unless they seriously rebuild this Summer.

Well, oi knows where’s ize gonna be on January 2nd.
Us be pleezed to see e my lovely 😁
Hopefully in the Gills end wiv people who talk proper like wot I do 👍
argyle planning for only being allowed 30% capacity. have sold 5,500 season tickets. with the capacity only 17,000 so it could be tight. see premier league are looking at no way fans all season

We made that mistake away to Millwall on NYD in a 4-1 defeat years ago. Darren Byfield got absolutely slated and then slammed in a hat-trick. I think it depends, some players react differently but I agree it can inspire them to prove their ex club wrong.

On the other hand one of the cringiest moments at a Gills game was Wimbledon away and Cody McDonald came on as sub against us with a few doughnut Gills fans signing "Super Cody" songs while he was on the pitch, well OTT and strange behaviour.

The rest of your post is fair enough, Trev. I personally don't clap the opposition goalkeeper would rather he felt intimidated but I understand your point.

I had managed to forget about ByeByes stuffing us