Hugo's Howlers | Page 24 | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

If we do exactly what I and I alone say we will be ok.

Oblak, Atal,Skriniar,Umtitti,Philip's, Muriqi

Not bad. My choice would be

Nubel, Atal, Ajer, Tarkowski, Can, Isak

I have mentioned Haaland a few times but he’s out of reach atm.

Vorm's return can't do Whiteman's confidence much good. Either he's good enough to be our 3rd choice keeper or he isn't. Clearly with Vorm's return he isn't, so why keep him? And if Vorm wasn't available what was the plan? It's Brad Friedel all over again.

Last edited:
Whiteman was number 3 anyway , nothing has changed. There is a video of Michael talking about his return on the Spurs website. He doesn't look to be carrying any excess weight.

Poch and his boys obviously wanted to give Gaz and Whiteman the benefit of the doubt after Hugo's injury. They would have watched them training when the pressure is on and realised how poor they both were, so we went back for Vorm.

Poch and his boys obviously wanted to give Gaz and Whiteman the benefit of the doubt after Hugo's injury. They would have watched them training when the pressure is on and realised how poor they both were, so we went back for Vorm.
Only at Tottenham ! There is a reason why keepers like Robert Green are kept on the books .

Whiteman was number 3 anyway , nothing has changed. There is a video of Michael talking about his return on the Spurs website. He doesn't look to be carrying any excess weight.
My point was that if we don't trust him as our number 3 he would be better off not being on the payroll at all. Vorm's return confirms that the club doesn't trust him. And the reason Vorm was let go was because he was nowhere near the standard required for a Premier League keeper - and that was a season ago. Why hasn't any other club signed him since the summer?

Alfie Whiteman has a contract only until end of this season. He is 21 now and it seems this season will decide his future. If he gets another contract then it confirms the clubs belief in him. Having said that you would think he would have a new contract by now, maybe he has ?.

His elbow was deemed unstable and he's had surgery on it.

Gazza will presumably be in for rest of the season, don't see Ajax or any serious club being keen to give up their keeper in Jan even for a big offer.

His elbow was deemed unstable and he's had surgery on it.

Gazza will presumably be in for rest of the season, don't see Ajax or any serious club being keen to give up their keeper in Jan even for a big offer.

We have to be positive, when these things happen it opens the door for another - at the moment, it now looks (contrary to previous opinions by us all), we actually might have a better keeper now than we've had for the last 18 months or so - who'd have ever of thought that?!?

We have to be positive, when these things happen it opens the door for another - at the moment, it now looks (contrary to previous opinions by us all), we actually might have a better keeper now than we've had for the last 18 months or so - who'd have ever of thought that?!?
Quite a few said if when Gazza had a run including motm performances last season. Still not sure I agree fully but we've been witnessing Hugo's decline and a long period out injured is hardly likely to arrest that slump.

How is Gazza going to feel when Hugo comes back next year and resumes his number 1 status. ? Surely Gazza could be playing every week at another club.

What's interesting is the perspective on Toni Jimenez. We all know that GK coaches never get mentioned when their GK's are doing the business. I had major question marks over him when I saw some of the kicking and errors from Lloris. On the flip side, his 2 years work with Gazza seems to be ironing out faults and nurturing a keeper that could just make it at the highest level.

It's too early to judge Gazza but he should be proud of the last 2-3 weeks as he's been outstanding. I doubt Pellegrini, Nuno and Rodgers would yet want to swap Fabianski, Patricio and Schmeichel but Gazza is quietly building his case.

Hugo being a tennis player first might have had a bearing on both his good and bad points. His shot stopping and hand eye are class. His footwork and kicking are often poor.

Anyone know if Gazza started as an outfield player?

Gazza has always been a keeper, his brother is too. His father was a pro footballer. Gazza had a decent education and comes from the same small village as Poch.