Hugo's Howlers | Page 21 | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

HE won the World Cup?

I'm just saying what I see with the guy. I like him and I think he is a fantastic goalkeeper but if we just take a moment to look back on a few things, especially the World Cup final, he quite consistently makes nervous, daft errors, in the bigger games.

He could be in a team full of serial winners but it still doesn't mean HE has a winning mentality. He is without a doubt one of the best goalkeepers in the world when he is playing well but I remain convinced that if he is lacking in that real winners smarts.

Hugo will make mistakes...that is fine...but damn our defense as a whole is poor.

Often we have much more possession than the other team...yet they have more shots. This tells me that when we do give up the ball, they are generally given a free run at our back line and more often than not get a shot off. (this is poor team defense)

Possessing the ball is great, but most of the time it is possession without a purpose.

So BL - I don't place most of the blame on Hugo, I do kind of feel for him. I mean he has no defense in front of him. He is at fault though for some things. (but I refuse to kill the dude)

I just dont think its as simple as saying that our defence as a whole is poor. I thought Sanchez was absolutely brilliant against Chelsea, Toby played well and Davies didnt really do much wrong defensively. Chelsea really didnt have too many chances either and the goals they did score came from our mistakes.

I just dont think its as simple as saying that our defence as a whole is poor. I thought Sanchez was absolutely brilliant against Chelsea, Toby played well and Davies didnt really do much wrong defensively. Chelsea really didnt have too many chances either and the goals they did score came from our mistakes.

Spot on mate. When watching back, I froze the screen as the key pass was made to Pedro. What did I find?
1) A setup that allows Kane, Son and Lamela on the half way line not even making an effort to get back when the opposition have possession in our half.
2) Sissoko on the right wing when the ball is down our left making no effort to get back to his position and not marking anyone. About as schoolboy as it gets for a centre mid.
3) Winks in centre mid with players coming at him, but no Spurs player within 15 yards of him. It could have easily been him overrun, not Davies.
4) Eriksen ambling across to support the over-exposed Davies. After Pedro received the ball, both Davies and Eriksen jogging back as opposed to sprinting back. Not within 5 yards of Pedro as he shoots.

It's probably as messy a goal as I've seen for a long time from Spurs. Errors all across the midfield. No leader like Dier in the middle of the park barking orders and the only shock was for once that Toby and Lloris didn't save the day like they often do. I find it very hard to put the blame on those 2 when the root cause was in the midfield and with the manager's tactics.

Spot on mate. When watching back, I froze the screen as the key pass was made to Pedro. What did I find?
1) A setup that allows Kane, Son and Lamela on the half way line not even making an effort to get back when the opposition have possession in our half.
2) Sissoko on the right wing when the ball is down our left making no effort to get back to his position and not marking anyone. About as schoolboy as it gets for a centre mid.
3) Winks in centre mid with players coming at him, but no Spurs player within 15 yards of him. It could have easily been him overrun, not Davies.
4) Eriksen ambling across to support the over-exposed Davies. After Pedro received the ball, both Davies and Eriksen jogging back as opposed to sprinting back. Not within 5 yards of Pedro as he shoots.

It's probably as messy a goal as I've seen for a long time from Spurs. Errors all across the midfield. No leader like Dier in the middle of the park barking orders and the only shock was for once that Toby and Lloris didn't save the day like they often do. I find it very hard to put the blame on those 2 when the root cause was in the midfield and with the manager's tactics.

Son has always been a defensive liability, and when not on fire contributes very little. Our press as a whole looks nowhere near where it was. With Dele out, and our 2 pivots gone for the season, we will need to find an alternative.

Dier is having a bad season, but I'll always take him in our team with the current options. It's only when he is out people realize what he adds to the team.

Son has always been a defensive liability, and when not on fire contributes very little. Our press as a whole looks nowhere near where it was. With Dele out, and our 2 pivots gone for the season, we will need to find an alternative.

Dier is having a bad season, but I'll always take him in our team with the current options. It's only when he is out people realize what he adds to the team.

Unfortunately most of our team is a defensive liability...

Ok seriously though, yes Son, and I would add Eriksen to that list are both bad at defending. Dele out of the lot seems to be the best defensively from an AM standpoint

Sanchez is incredible, but he is young and inconsistent as we have just seen. Our defence is way too unpredictable and we are leaking goals left and right in the last 10 games.

Good pen save from Hugo, picked it well. Not a good pen though unlike Kanes. Like I said a parallel Hero Hugo thread would be welcome. It would be ironic if I started it so I won't.

Hugo fell on his arse in front of Ramsey, not a great attempt but I think it was going in the net no matter what Hugo did.

Would like to see Gazza given a run think Hugo nowhere near the praise he recives.
Poor pen from that cocky gooner **** so would have been a shambles if it wasn’t saved

he rotates Son and Lucas regularly... If there's two games in 3 days and they're both fit, one will start each.

I remember earlier this season when he rested Son a couple times in a month, and had that game where he subbed him off after he had to bring him on early in a game he wanted to rest him, all the South Korean fans were saying how much Poch hates Son. Now people are saying he hates Moura... Clearly Sonny has been the stronger player for us so of the two is more likely to start.