Hugo or Hustay? | Vital Football

Hugo or Hustay?

muttley

Alert Team
So some admiring glances coming from the French capital by our ex manager, Poch.

Having just turned 34 on Boxing Day and with no long term contract in hand, there must be a big part of Hugo that wants to go and spend the last chapter of his career at PSG. He's been loyal to our club and not got any trophies for his troubles.

Then there are the backups, Hart and Gazza. For me, neither are the answer to replace Mr Consistent if he does go.

We surely need to get ahead of this and either get Lloris a new contract or get active in the transfer market.

What's everyones thoughts?

So some admiring glances coming from the French capital by our ex manager, Poch.

Having just turned 34 on Boxing Day and with no long term contract in hand, there must be a big part of Hugo that wants to go and spend the last chapter of his career at PSG. He's been loyal to our club and not got any trophies for his troubles.

Then there are the backups, Hart and Gazza. For me, neither are the answer to replace Mr Consistent if he does go.

We surely need to get ahead of this and either get Lloris a new contract or get active in the transfer market.

What's everyones thoughts?

It's been known for some time that his preference was to go home at the end of his deal, anythnigs possible of course, but I'll be surprised if he does signa new deal. That said the finances of clubs are such that there aren't many clubs that would pay him more than he's on now.

Why the presumption that this is even newsworthy? A few things that keep springing to mind for me.

1) Arent PSG in posession of a keeper (Navas) who is better than Loris?
2) Poch might be many things but he wont want to walk in and rock an already unsteady ship by dumping key men without giving them an oppertunity
3) Loris, other than the last 6 mths has been a very mixed bag when it comes to performances. In fact i would say JM has dumbed down our game in certain ways to protect us from Loris limitations (Kicking and coming off his line)

I appreciate the service we have had from Loris and i am happy for him to continue. I am neither dreading him leaving nor pushing him towards the door. It is the media trying to drum up news where it isnt even there. Ali, yes i think it would be good for all concerned. Kane? Not sure they have the legs to take on Levy. I have heard talk of £90m and i think Levy would piss himself laughing at that. But if they started talking world record figures it may be an oppertunity to start looking at alternatives. I love Kane and agree with all the plaudits he gets. BUT he is very limiting to Spurs in that if he doesnt play well, he drags the entire team down. He doesnt accept breaks so he inevitably has down periods where he should be rested. Vini getting 10mins prem game time is a joke.

Maybe Harry has his sights set on a couple more financially rewarding years with us then off to the NFL as a kicker and more millions in the bank...

Maybe Harry has his sights set on a couple more financially rewarding years with us then off to the NFL as a kicker and more millions in the bank...

There's a reason we've been pushed into opening a dialogue with his agent now, so I'm not at all confident that his desire to stick around is what some think it is, no success this season and I fully expect him to work hard to get his client to another club, that said I think it's going to be an unpalatable one for us fans - but that said so much can happen between now and then, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

He lo
Back in 2018 he said he'd see his contract out and probably return to France, so don't understand the sudden surge of worry - his contract ends in 2022 and I'd lay money on him sticking to his original personal plan.

Its the Poch connection and he may be tempted, butas has been mentioned PSG have Navas. I am not particularly impressed by those who do not appreciate his obvious abilities. I did witness his night of terror (Bayern) and Im not sure who I felt worse for him or me for being there