Hugo Lloris - Player Thread | Vital Football

Hugo Lloris - Player Thread

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
Do we think Hugo is with us for the long term? What set me thinking is the report I read today linking us with a Real Madrid keeper as a possible replacement for Hugo in the summer.

I was sort of thinking that Hugo is now settled with us, having gone past last seasons comments that he may move on. The comments made that he would stay with us for a while and then seek a bigger club have subsided and I was feeling that he was happy with us.

So does anyone have contrary news? Do we feel that he's now a Spurs man in the full sense?

Also do we all think that Hugo is irreplaceable?

Last edited by a moderator:
30 is not old for a GK. Many good gks have gone on to 40. I'm thinking of Seaman, Smichael etc.

Think we can get 3-4 more seasons out of Hugo but don't think his style is suited to still being a world beater at 39. Could be wrong but his mad dashes off the line are a young man's game.

Our succession plan is set, I fully expect Vorm to be sold in the summer if any interest in him is shown, but I'm certain we won't offer him another extension beyond the one we gave him last year.

That leaves Lloris as our No.1 and Pau Lopez to be our No.2 - debatable who will step up to be our no.3 , but guess we will see that soon enough.

I don't see LLoris leaving anytime soon.

If Lloris stays it's a good sign of intent from Levy. Hugo wants medals and I don't blame him. He could get them if he moved.

Hugo has made the top ten of he world's best goalkeepers at number 7. The best placed in the PL is Allison at number 2 and Hugo has De Gea and Ederson in front of him playing for our rivals..So Hugo is the 4th best in the PL which is where we finished.!!

De Gea wasn't very good last season but he is 4 years younger than Hugo.

I really hope we are eyeing up the next best Goal Keepers. We will need one in very soon. Once our best CB pairing go Hugo will probably have a break down. :pinch: