Hugo Ekitike | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hugo Ekitike

Anyone else think we're putting a lot of eggs in this basket? This kid has had 6 months to make up his mind and he's still stalling. He is completely unproven and not in a position to be calling the shots. Sack him and on to someone who doesn't have dodgy hamstrings

Unlike the last era of cloak and dagger before ultimately fuck all, I reckon most of our signings will come out of the blue plus it's still the 17th June so there's plenty of time left.

This time around ive kept away from the usual shite merchants and tried to enjoy the break instead of leaping on every bit of 'news'. It's not good for the health. What will be will be.

Anyone else think we're putting a lot of eggs in this basket? This kid has had 6 months to make up his mind and he's still stalling. He is completely unproven and not in a position to be calling the shots. Sack him and on to someone who doesn't have dodgy hamstrings
I refuse to believe any of the rumours Rza but if I did, the loan to buy option would be the way forward.

Reactions: Rza
From what I’ve seen, he looks shit and injury prone. I said it in January too. The fact he’s still stalling speaks volumes. Tell him to accept or reject by close of business today. If he doesn’t, pull the plug and let’s never speak of him again.

A large part of the problem is that football transfers aren't really compatible with the internet and the necessity for new information and 24hrs news. This is the pond we're fishing in now. Not quite the best fishery but the best of the rest. I've heard he's on holiday anyway and that there was never going to be a decision made before next week. It's a big step for a young lad and I'd much rather we get the right players than the right now players. I hear he's a pick of Steve Nickson who's been chief scout since 2017 and is one of the few holdovers from the Ashley era.

They did a great job in January, they've already signed some youngsters and have already confirmed Targett so I've every faith that however this one goes (both in terms of the transfer being completed and how the lad does here if he does come) it won't be down to anyone at the club.

The owners need to be more ruthless during negotiations. I can completely understand players stalling but him and Botman have had 6 months. Move on. There are plenty activity at other clubs. When's pre season? 4 weeks?

Although its early days, the Botman saga seems to be a repeat of January and Ekitike looks a bit lightweight and injury prone.
Of course all other clubs are trying to up the ante on price.
Good to see The Academy getting some quality incomings and a few being shipped out.
I guess we need to be patient on the main squad

Although its early days, the Botman saga seems to be a repeat of January and Ekitike looks a bit lightweight and injury prone.
Of course all other clubs are trying to up the ante on price.
Good to see The Academy getting some quality incomings and a few being shipped out.
I guess we need to be patient on the main squad
Aye

Trying to put a bit of positive spin on this one....

He certainly doesn't look like he's signing purely for the pay cheque

He could genuinely be taking time to weigh up the most important decision of his young career

I do not believe anything the media say. All the papers are saying we are interested in certain players without having a clue as to the reality. Better to wait until they sign or not. The media is full of misinformation and so called experts who have their finger on the pulse. Mostly nonsense.