Hugo charged with drink driving! | Vital Football

Hugo charged with drink driving!

Absolutely this is a wrong thing to do but is it a reason to stop a player playing his games? If I disciplined a member of staff for drink driving that would be right when his job involved driving or if he had a customer facing job, he could lose his job but if he had job like Lloris?
Where do we draw the line? If he’s just caught a bit over the limit and he was behaving himself,- wrong but pardonable? If the public are involved and say he was abusive etc, a different matter?
We need to know the circumstances. Naughty Hugo! Naughty!

Absolutely this is a wrong thing to do but is it a reason to stop a player playing his games? If I disciplined a member of staff for drink driving that would be right when his job involved driving or if he had a customer facing job, he could lose his job but if he had job like Lloris?
Where do we draw the line? If he’s just caught a bit over the limit and he was behaving himself,- wrong but pardonable? If the public are involved and say he was abusive etc, a different matter?
We need to know the circumstances. Naughty Hugo! Naughty!

My reasoning being,

A - The club would want to be seen to be doing the 'correct' thing in the circumstances (whatever that is)

B - Hug's mind won't be in a good place - He will be feeling ashamed and embarrassed and will no doubt get loads of stick behind his goal which will effect his game

My reasoning being,

A - The club would want to be seen to be doing the 'correct' thing in the circumstances (whatever that is)

B - Hug's mind won't be in a good place - He will be feeling ashamed and embarrassed and will no doubt get loads of stick behind his goal which will effect his game
That’s a good point Spesh, his game affected by lots of stick is a good reason. When it comes to winning or not though, the club would want to win, a lot of proper stuff might go out the window then.

he is not the first and wont be the last. He will get his punishment from the law and I believe that is enough. I dont see how that harms the reputation of the club.

Fucking prick.

Drunk driving is drunk driving even if you are slightly over the limit

No time for it and I hope he gets fined two weeks wages and it’s donated to the victims of drink drivers

At his age you would think he would know better.

He will be punished by the club and the police.

He has always been squeaky clean so I think we should brush this one under the carpet pretty quickly. The club has enough negative crap being thrown at it as it is.

Very annoying as he has looked top dollar so far this season.

Despite being foolish for his act and it may be that it was just ill-judged on his part, what annoys me most is the negativity and the sour atmosphere that will surround him and the club. Really bad timing just before a big game that most of us tipped Spurs to win!

I really hope it doesn’t affect more than just his self respect!

We shall see come Monday night.

Being a senior player and capt who takes part in club community projects etc he should set an example. Why was he out at 2.20 am , drinking. The players have been given time off by Poch to relax not abuse their bodies.

This is a real let down. We desperately need a top class young understudy preferable British. For me this a sign of complacency if he felt he was under any pressure for a place it wouldn't happen. I'd buy Butland and telk him the spot is about form push him to take the shirt.

Last edited:
Flawed judgement; not what we needed from our Captain. But he's shown real character and been swift to apologise for it.

I expect he will plead guilty take his punishment and move on.

Sadly, if a Captaincy is to have value both on and off the pitch; as it should, but so rarely does anymore, the club will have no choice but to take the honour away from him and give it to someone else - which will almost certainly be Kane.