Hugging - should we be concerned or..... | Vital Football

Hugging - should we be concerned or.....

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
...as Gills have only scored once in the last three games, is it something we don`t need to worry about ?

Football authorities have told players not to hug (no kissing, either) during the course of a goal scoring celebration.

Bit concerned for the Gills as, recently, we haven`t had much opportunity to test our resolve in this regard. So we don`t really know who is our most at risk habitual hugger ?

...as Gills have only scored once in the last three games, is it something we don`t need to worry about ?

Football authorities have told players not to hug (no kissing, either) during the course of a goal scoring celebration.

Bit concerned for the Gills as, recently, we haven`t had much opportunity to test our resolve in this regard. So we don`t really know who is our most at risk habitual hugger ?

We're just ahead of the game, and stopped the hugging a while ago...

The whole issue is a bit of a nonsense in my view. Watch players on the training ground and during matches. It's a contact sport with lots of individual duels, sclose marking and et pieces and so social distancing is a non starter. One presumes that someone, somewhere has thought that footballers are role models and shouldn't be seeen celebrating goals in the time honouered tradition. Gills? If we score early on today I expect a formal nod in the direction of the goalscorer from all the others and then on to the next. If anyone should score a hattrick of penalties then things might be different but that never happens.

This reeks of a policy made in a boardroom. One that that been made for optics only after players breaking rules socially.

They would be better off banning players who break the rules by X games, with said ban kicking in after their quarantine period.

I don't buy the bullshit about being caught in the moment and forgetting the protocols.

They always seem to remember the orchestrated celebration where they reveal a vest with a slogan underneath their shirt, or do the cradling gesture if one of them has become a father.

I don't think it is such a health issue in the Premier League as they are tested so often, but lower leagues can not afford to do that, so I do not think it is too much to ask them to show restraint.

Perhaps if they were sat down and made to watch a two hour film of real people making sacrifices and the grief inflicted on others, the message may get through to a few of them.

. Gills? If we score early on today I expect a formal nod in the direction of the goalscorer from all the others and then on to the next. If anyone should score a hattrick of penalties then things might be different but that never happens.

Brilliant, jogills (y)

I suspect with PDPS as chairman and SE and PR managing, any Gills players breaking the clubs Covid regulations would be in line for a very hard and possibly costly time.
That said, some of Ogilvie's tackling and Oliver's wrestling to win a header look far more 'intimate' than a quick goal celebration hug.

Prem. players might claim to be 'carried away in the moment', but they still seem to know where the nearest camera is.