Huddersfield........ | Vital Football

Huddersfield........

Forever yellow76

Vital 1st Team Regular
New season after relegation, first up Huddersfield away.
Our old mercenary pal mr Pritchard will be playing, how he has fallen since leaving for so called greener grass!

I expect us to win, but as usual think we will make hard work of it and think defending will still be an issue, I hope DF start Gibson and Zimbo, I wonder what team will start, would you start young Martin? Pukki for me over Hugill?

Reactions: Rex
I'm not so certain we will win this one. I hope I am wrong; I usually am.

However, as the new signings gel, I would expect us to dominate and end up Champions.

A repeat of our visit there in the 2009/10 season would be nice . Shame our fans won’t be there , and I would have loved to have gone as Huddersfield is my second home and I know the place inside out

Sam Bryam, Grant Hanley and Josh Martin are all out for the game.

No updates on Tom Trybull, Mo Leitner and Josip Drmic. They are training individually or with our under-23 group at the moment but not with the first team.

I don't think DF will start with Gibson

I think DF will go:

Krul

Aarons
Godfrey
Zimmermann
Xavi

Tettey
McLean

Cantwell
Dowell
Hernandez

Pukki

Subs

McGovern - Idah - Hugill - Gibson - Mumba - Skipp - Placheta

With the depth of squad we have we could go 4-3-2-1 or 4-5-1 and let them come on to us and then counter attack.

Sam Bryam, Grant Hanley and Josh Martin are all out for the game.

No updates on Tom Trybull, Mo Leitner and Josip Drmic. They are training individually or with our under-23 group at the moment but not with the first team.

I thought Trybull has already left for Turkey on loan?

A repeat of our visit there in the 2009/10 season would be nice . Shame our fans won’t be there , and I would have loved to have gone as Huddersfield is my second home and I know the place inside out

Is that the one we won 3-2? 4-2? under Lambert? I said to my brother I will make the supreme sacrifice of going for a leak so that we could score (Elliott?)the third and thats exactly when we scored!

Last edited:
DF says that the aim to to get in the premiership and become an established prem side.............We were in the prem and blew it. Why didn't we try to be established then?

Because as we know we need owners who can lend the club £60m - £80m
to go and buy some experienced players to help the younger players.

Last season, not a chance with a £20m transfer kitty that was then mainly used to cover Covid. As I said before the transfer pot was limited thanks to the need to repay a £19m overdraft.

I dont blame Webber or Farke.

New season after relegation, first up Huddersfield away.
Our old mercenary pal mr Pritchard will be playing, how he has fallen since leaving for so called greener grass!

I expect us to win, but as usual think we will make hard work of it and think defending will still be an issue, I hope DF start Gibson and Zimbo, I wonder what team will start, would you start young Martin? Pukki for me over Hugill?

Gibson and The Rock! would be our best CB pairing but I'll be surprised if Gibson is ready fitness wise.

I think we will miss emi’s creativity tomorrow as the oppo will try to stifle us and we may stuggle with tettey and mclean in the centre to create much