Huddersfield v Swans | Vital Football

Huddersfield v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Oh I do like these away day tours to all the local Wetherspoons,, curry and a pint for £5.98 yesterday.
Anyway, to the football. Nice ground in an odd location on a hill next to the forest. What a noisy place though with those hand clappers issued to all the home fans and the drummers incessant beating throughout.
The game was spoilt as a contest after 10 mins when Ayew was sent off. Both players dived in recklessly to challenge for the ball but Oliver decided only Ayew’s tackle was a red, allowing the other player to go unpunished, and after he writhed on the floor in agony, got up , ran around like a spring chicken, and played the full 90 mins no problem. Yet later in the game Ki was tackled in an even worse challenge and their player received only a yellow. The 4th Official, the horrible and historically biased against us, John Moss, swayed the judgement as seen on tv later, with Oliver going to one side to talk with him.
Anyway desperate and brave defending gave us an unlikely draw with 10 men .
The consequences are that our best forward will be missing for three games, and Oliver could well have decided the fate of the relegation battle with this one action.

keith margam - 11/3/2018 12:02

Oh I do like these away day tours to all the local Wetherspoons,, curry and a pint for £5.98 yesterday.
Anyway, to the football. Nice ground in an odd location on a hill next to the forest. What a noisy place though with those hand clappers issued to all the home fans and the drummers incessant beating throughout.
The game was spoilt as a contest after 10 mins when Ayew was sent off. Both players dived in recklessly to challenge for the ball but Oliver decided only Ayew’s tackle was a red, allowing the other player to go unpunished, and after he writhed on the floor in agony, got up , ran around like a spring chicken, and played the full 90 mins no problem. Yet later in the game Ki was tackled in an even worse challenge and their player received only a yellow. The 4th Official, the horrible and historically biased against us, John Moss, swayed the judgement as seen on tv later, with Oliver going to one side to talk with him.
Anyway desperate and brave defending gave us an unlikely draw with 10 men .
The consequences are that our best forward will be missing for three games, and Oliver could well have decided the fate of the relegation battle with this one action.

No idea how the officials thought that only Ayew deserved the red, a 50-50 challenge. You're right, the game was ruined and we just had to defend to try and hold on for a point. I thought they were poor and can't say I was surprised to see them lose at home to Palace, they could struggle if they continue to fail to score at home.

On to the next one, a tough one at United as they tend to do well at OT despite some poor performances of late. The bigger games will be those against Southampton, West Brom and Stoke.

Nice to see you back keith! :clap:

Huddersfield in free fall but biased officialdom was the undoing of us in this match.
Well anyway I’ll be there at Old Trafford hoping for a miracle. After watching our capitulation against Spurs I am not so confident for the remaining games. Hopefully the return of Fabianski, Fernandez, Andre, and King will help us, but Jordan will be a big miss.