Huddersfield Town | Page 9 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted yesterday on the Hudd board -

"I live and work in Lincoln and know someone who is high up at Lincoln City who said that the Cowley brothers were in talks all day yesterday and were told they cannot be paid any more than what they are currently paid and Lincoln are worried about them now leaving, he was 80% sure they are on their way."
As if anyone who is 'high up' at Lincoln City would be so indiscreet as to discuss sensitive matters with Joe Nobody. Incredible.

Remember they were odds on for the Sheff Wednesday job too and they had someone completely different lined up - announcement due on Monday from HTFC according to their local paper so we will know soon enough the reality of the story.

Stendel odds are getting shorter and Danny's are gradually getting longer.
It seems Huddersfield are going to poach someone's manager.

80% sure?. So the geezer he 'knows' who is in the know, is'nt that sure?!.
Does Stendel look like Danny?

"I live and work in Lincoln and know someone who is high up at Lincoln City who said that the Cowley brothers were in talks all day yesterday and were told they cannot be paid any more than what they are currently paid and Lincoln are worried about them now leaving, he was 80% sure they are on their way."
We could get a few more through the gate, that would increase their wage given their cut of gate money :LOL::LOL:

As if anyone who is 'high up' at Lincoln City would be so indiscreet as to discuss sensitive matters with Joe Nobody. Incredible.

We do have a lot of directors now though...veritable hordes in fact (and not a bad thing of course...all extra investment) but the more there are, the more careless talk becomes possible...

And unlike Wednesday, we do know Huddersfield want Danny.
And they should be relatively loaded after 2 seasons in Premier plus several years of parachute payments. So perfectly plausible that they have come back with a much bigger offer to Danny and Nicky...

Huddersfield is a fairly ok commute from Lincoln so no uprooting of families again.

So we shall have to wait and see if there is anything at all in this Huddersfield rumour.

Could, for example, a million to the club and a million each per year be turned down by Danny and Nicky and the club?

Let's hope zero in this but anything can happen in football.

Call me a disbelieving cynic if you must, but this can only be utter rubbish.

The Cowleys know how much every player at Lincoln is paid, they have total command of the playing budget and have there fingers in every pie at the club.
They attend board meeting etc etc. They know the clubs finances.

You then think they are offered positions at another which would pay four, five six times what they are on at Lincoln and because they are motivated by the money decide to try to get 5% more out of Lincoln to compensate for not taking 500% more from another club.

They are not primarily motivated by money. DC is so motivated by wages he gives some of his to Nicky.

I know I have entered into this game of commenting on this garbage but won’t anymore.

Carrying on without this pointless ill founded speculation can only be counter productive.

I shall put on ignore anyone who starts another thread like this and I recommend this course of action to you all.

That sums the Muppets up. Since the Cowley's have been at the club, confidentiality has been the watch word.

They are truly the most unlikeable bunch - that is why when 'Arry slotted home the winner at the 'pit of shit' it was so satisfying.

Absolutely.

On a weekday at the best of times the M62 between Leeds - Bradford - Hudds is a car park.
Only go M62 - A1 if we're taking the dog to visit family.
If I'm coming to a match on my own I go M1 from the Haigh roundabout at Barnsley.
The definition of hell is the M62.

Why do these members keep on worrying everytime a managers job becomes vacant.
Just wait for the outcome, you'll know eventually.
God only knows what they'll do when or if they have some serious worries in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.