Huddersfield Town AFC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town AFC vs Tottenham Hotspur

D

Departed

Apparently, we fixate on line up, at least from the perspective of who is in favour and who is out. But MP doesn't think that way. It's all about winning.

Good idea MP.

Spurs 3-1.

Apparently, we fixate on line up, at least from the perspective of who is in favour and who is out. But MP doesn't think that way. It's all about winning.

Good idea MP.

Spurs 3-1.
I think we discuss it healthily rather than fixate on it. I wonder if Poch is being a little defensive by attacking the questions.

With Aurier injured and Eriksen doubtful, Moura not so dynamic of late and Lamela the opposite there is plenty to speculate. Davies iffy and Winks getting stronger, Son still jaded perhaps, Victor in the frame again there are plenty of permutations.

I'll take another scrappy win. Cardiff at home next weekend. 2 wins and we go into the international break with 2 weeks to sort ourselves out.

Our less than convincing performances this season show how good we were last season with key players out. Remember Toby, Winks, Lamela , Wanyama and Rose all had injury issues for significant periods. This season they are all back. Plus Moura is ready for the PL , last season not.

I would love to see Son/Lucas/Lamela/Dele lead our attack...though I know this will not be the case.

Well for those of you who were trying to tell me Gazzaniger wasn't good enough to be second 'keeper, 3 games, 3 wins three games where the defence doesn't look like it is on the verge of a panic every time the ball goes anywhere near the 18 yard box and three MOTMs.
I think that speaks for itself, don't you?
All I have to say is I said I knew a good 'keeper when I saw one, there is more to come from him yet, he will be a top class 'keeper playing for his country and if he stays with us I think he will be spoken about as much as the great Pat Jennings, eclipsing Lloris easily. and lastly,
told you so.

Has he kept a clean sheet yet? Still conceded 2 against Watford reserves.

Not saying I blame him at all, but he's not fixed the defence either. Like the look of him for us so far though, be interesting to see if he ends up being as good as he's looked or as bad as Southampton fans say he is.

Not if you have 2 centre backs otherwise they will be exposed big time

Remember when Dier used to drop to form the 3rd CB? What happened to that.

In response to Poch's aggressive response to whether he regretted leaving Tripps and Toby in England when we played Vs Inter I got where he was coming from. As is often the case he chooses the wrong words, but the emotion was understandable. What he should have said was "I thought Sanchez and Aurier had good games, I don't believe they were the cause of our problem and it's not fair on them for you to suggest it was" instead of "why are you stupid English so obsessed with lineups"

Equally he might have been deflecting if Toby and Trippier really had had a fight.

Preview - Match facts
Huddersfield lost both Premier League matches against Spurs last season, scoring none and conceding six in the process.

Tottenham are unbeaten in each of their last seven games in all competition against Huddersfield, though only two of those meetings have come in this century (W4 D3).

Huddersfield have failed to score in their last five home Premier League games, the longest run since Southampton’s run of six ending in August 2017, and just three short of Man City’s record run of eight in the competition between January and May 2007.

Huddersfield have failed to score in all three of their Premier League home matches this season. Only twice in top-flight history has a team waited longer for their first home goal of the season (West Brom in 1921-22 and Everton in 1998-99 – both five games).

Tottenham have scored in 31 of their last 32 Premier League games, failing only at West Brom back in May (0-1). Spurs have lost two of their last five Premier League away games (W3), more than they had in their previous 11 on the road (W6 D4 L1).

Huddersfield haven’t failed to win any of their first seven league games in a single campaign since 1997-98, when they ended up finishing 16th in the second tier. All three of Huddersfield’s Premier League goals this season have come from set piece situations, including the only two from throw-ins in the division this season.

Tottenham’s Erik Lamela has scored two goals in three Premier League appearances this season, the same number he scored in 25 games in the competition last term.

Tottenham’s Erik Lamela has scored in his last two Premier League games, with both appearances coming as a substitute. The last player to score in three consecutive Premier League games, all from coming off the bench was Adam Le Fondre in January 2013.

https://webapp.onefootball.com/en/m...ttenham-9-916582?period=PreMatch&variable=g-2

Reports coming in Alli has aggravated his hammy and will be out for a month.
Like Kane he is over played and picking up the injuries that go with it. He has not been the player he was for over six months. He went from looking like a worldie to people seriously thinking Jessie F***king Lingard was better. He is another whose development we are seriously hammering. Let's hope it's fake news.

So many injuries, and it'll only get worse if we dont rest our players.
Tripps, Dier, Kane really should start on the bench. Son is in desperate need for rest, as is Verts. Moose can't start, as we know that 2 games a week will break him.

Sissoko and Llorente should really start earning their wages

_________Gazza___________
KWP___Toby__Snchz__Rose
____Wanyama____Winks____
Sissoko___Lamela____Moura
__________Llorente_________

Verts had midweek off. Sissoko is a horrendous AM, he should only ever be used as a CM imo.

Kane looked a bit better towards end of last match and had midweek off. I'd start him and bring him off early.

I want to give Sonny time off but with Eriksen and Dele out we have no choice but to start him imo.

Not playing 2 games a week is not time off.

Trust me, Sissoko is the last player I'd place on the pitch, but risking our best players health for short term thinking really has to stop.

We can make adjustments at half time if needed.

Not playing 2 games a week is not time off.

Trust me, Sissoko is the last player I'd place on the pitch, but risking our best players health for short term thinking really has to stop.

We can make adjustments at half time if needed.

There's a small cadre of people inside who think that kane hasn't been fully fit and mobile since his last injury. If that is true, you'll start seeing him being rested at every opportunity, including a few surprise substitutions.

Against teams like this Sissoko should start - he terrifies teams with his size and pace, even if he doesn't always have an end product.

I'm expect a very close game; we win 4-1 ...:bounce::yes:

For me Sissoko is and always will be the absolute last option.... in fact I don't even see him as any option for us.. Huddersfield have yet to score at home - sadly I think we will somehow contrive to solve that for them, even though I think we will end up sneaking it....fingers crossed