Huddersfield Match Day thread sponsored by Catherine Tate | Page 9 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Match Day thread sponsored by Catherine Tate

Applied the same tactics as Wednesday - avoid at all costs, let it happen without my involvement.

Didn't work on Wednesday - OR DID IT?

Within days, CH was sacked (inevitable after that result) and Derby went into admin (nothing to do with us, but lightens the mood sooo much)

Now we win 2-0 away. My tactics have a 50% success rate.
if was up to you CH would still have 12 months to prove hes been unlucky

I would bet good money we wont get 2 pts today. what odds you want to give? ;)

apparently coops n co wil be at the game today.. mayb hes asked riedy to go 3 at the back so he can see it in action in this free hit gme

Ahh paz and LK, it's fair to point out that over here in Sydney we're 9 or 10 hours or so in front of the UK and when I posted that reply it was really late for me and my head was drooping. I'd tried to stay awake because we can get the BBC on line, no picture but up to date never the less. And I did think that we were due for a win as well.

It's O.K. for you young blokes, not so easy for some of us

:thumbup:

Still lacking quality but the effort was there for all to see. So much more effort in fact, that Hughton had clearly lost them and should've gone much earlier.

Central midfield is still our biggest problem, Garner continues to be a poor imitation of his former self. It would've been nice to try and catch them on the counter with our quicker players instead of inviting constant pressure (some is inevitable).

Very impressed with Middlesbrough's young right back. Where the f was Silva? Panic buy much?

His dogshit.

Ahh paz and LK, it's fair to point out that over here in Sydney we're 9 or 10 hours or so in front of the UK and when I posted that reply it was really late for me and my head was drooping. I'd tried to stay awake because we can get the BBC on line, no picture but up to date never the less. And I did think that we were due for a win as well.

im pretty much nocturnal so youre pretty much on my hours ;)

It's a long time since anyone called me a young bloke !

My mate texted me to say they were 5-0 up and it was on YouTube. All I saw was us very calmly keeping the clean sheet, with our keeper making a great save in stoppage time. But all good.

if was up to you CH would still have 12 months to prove hes been unlucky
No, I'd given up too!

Went to hear blues in a pub on Wednesday night, strictly no football, still hoping I'd get home to find we'd won. To lose 2-0, four home defeats on the trot at the start of the season, is P45 time.

I hung on for so long because CH had got these other sides promoted, and because until recently I saw method in his madness.

He was shafted by not getting players in pre-season as we shipped players out. We still have players we've signed who haven't physically arrived yet (or did I hear that wrong?) There was the Maja saga.

But in the end, I'd have to agree that he went too defensive as results went against him. His tension was played out on the pitch. We were unlucky with Mbe Soh's injury in the first game, but it was downhill all the way from there, with a brief respite at Shame Park.

All I wanted was for him to get a few games to actually play the side we were very belatedly assembling. But with hindsight, we could have got rid before the season started. Hindsight is such a great superpower.

No, I'd given up too!

Went to hear blues in a pub on Wednesday night, strictly no football, still hoping I'd get home to find we'd won. To lose 2-0, four home defeats on the trot at the start of the season, is P45 time.

I hung on for so long because CH had got these other sides promoted, and because until recently I saw method in his madness.

He was shafted by not getting players in pre-season as we shipped players out. We still have players we've signed who haven't physically arrived yet (or did I hear that wrong?) There was the Maja saga.

But in the end, I'd have to agree that he went too defensive as results went against him. His tension was played out on the pitch. We were unlucky with Mbe Soh's injury in the first game, but it was downhill all the way from there, with a brief respite at Shame Park.

All I wanted was for him to get a few games to actually play the side we were very belatedly assembling. But with hindsight, we could have got rid before the season started. Hindsight is such a great superpower.
think thats prety much what DM was hoping in reality, especially with our sacking reputation.
But without slagging him off too much anymore, it was the first time in my time where it genuinelly reached a point that I felt we would never ever ever win a game again. So glad its all over, it feels like freedom to us lot, imagine what it must feel like for the players, :)

No, I'd given up too!

You can kind of understand the urge, that if we can't win then at least let's make ourselves hard to beat. We weren't even doing that. I genuinely think that if CH had still been here we would have lost on Saturday.

The definition of insanity is to try the same things and expect a different result. I also think what finally did for him, was the inability to change anything until it was too late. He had developed a bunker mentality, and he simply wasn't prepared to make the "180 degree turn" that was required. Steve came in with a different mindset and was able to turn the "supertanker" around.

You can kind of understand the urge, that if we can't win then at least let's make ourselves hard to beat. We weren't even doing that. I genuinely think that if CH had still been here we would have lost on Saturday.

It is interesting that everyone blames our attack (and it is woeful) yet Derby have accumulated ten points by scoring less goals than us. Prior to the last game we had failed to keep a single clean sheet, and had shipped two goals in 5 of our 7 games.