Huddersfield 1 City 2 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate | Vital Football

Huddersfield 1 City 2 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Stats Link:

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=587728

<i>Stats © BBC Sport 2017. All Rights Reserved.</i>

<b>The Ped Report by Pedmachine to follow...</b>

The best start to a Premier League season by any Premier League club - and the first time we've won in the Premier League, having been behind at half-time, since April 1995!

11 away wins on the bounce, a new top flight record.

Remarkable battling today against a very resilient Huddersfield. :018:

LMAO

Danny Mills

Ex-England defender on BBC Radio 5 live

A massive slice of fortune in that goal. There was nothing Lossl could do.

Immeasurably satisfying win against a team playing zero football. This feels like a massively important moment and the way Pep celebrated at the end suggested he knows it too. Saints and West Ham to come at home next. Somebody is going to get mightily thrashed by City soon...... It’s all good!

Raheem Sterling:

"We came in at half-time disappointed, we wanted to get something out of the game and that's what we have done."

On his goal form: "When you have David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne behind you, you make movements and they will find you.

On the penalty: "It was a clear penalty."

More from this arsehole who can only call for teams to play non-football against us....

Danny Mills

Ex-England defender on BBC Radio 5 live

Huddersfield have played probably the best side in Europe apart from perhaps Paris St-Germain, if they can play with that work rate every week then they have a great chance of staying in the Premier League.

It's been a really intriguing match, a great game and it might give other teams an idea of how to play against City in the future.

David Wagner:

"You never like a defeat, but our performance was good. The players left everything on the grass against a top-class Manchester City side. You need a bit of luck against the best sides and I thought we were a bit unlucky for the second goal.

"We’ve shown good defensive shape and mindset. We looked solid."

The City Speedometer...Unbeaten run since 23rd April:
Played 26, Won 23, Drawn 3, Goals for 74, Against 16.

City now double figures clear of Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Vincent Kompany:

"Today was a game that epitomised the Premier League, winter is here, it's colder, it's harder to move the ball, they defended well.

"I feel the team deserved the win, we kept at it, even being 1-0 down we believed."

Pep Guardiola

"The Premier League is so tough, now winter has come, we knew they were so aggressive so strong, but we are so happy for the way we won.

"We spoke at half-time about how to react, we had enough chances to score and the first time Huddersfield had a chance they scored. We spoke about not giving up, to keep going.

"It was a brilliant move to win the penalty.

"It is impossible to win every game easily, this league is so tough. The guys competed amazingly, which is why we won."

Excellent collation JB.

Danny Mills, most of the teams we play park the bus and yes they will get their chance.

David Warner yes we were lucky to get the second goal, you were lucky to get the second corner that led to the goal, Eddy was fouled in the first corner you had, you were also lucky that Pawson had no gonads or your keeper would have had an early bath, not sure which was the luckiest team this afternoon, but we certainly know which one wanted to win it.

The thing that pleases me most is now we never let up. I said to Mr. Rising as the second half wore on, we'll be fine, there's no doubt in my mind we'll score again.

I am with you on the Rising, they scored and I was in no doubt that we would come back and win the game, but that is not arrogance merely that we looked the better team and we would work a way round a 10 man defence, which in the past we have struggled against teams outside the top 6.

David Warner said he had no complaints about the Referee, agreeing that both sides were subject to minor refereeing errors, but considered that the referee did a good job.

Buzz Lightyear - 26/11/2017 19:41

I am with you on the Rising, they scored and I was in no doubt that we would come back and win the game, but that is not arrogance merely that we looked the better team and we would work a way round a 10 man defence, which in the past we have struggled against teams outside the top 6.

Exactly. If this was last season, I would have been chewing my nails down to the quick and pacing up and down, but this afternoon I was very relaxed and laid back.

Match of the Day2 was very complimentary about Raheem Sterling and the influence of Pep and showed a clip in training, with Pep showing Raheem what exactly he wanted from him and how to open his body to give him various options, then showed how this training had been transferred to the match itself.