How The Hell Are We Going To Get Rid Of This Lot... | Vital Football

How The Hell Are We Going To Get Rid Of This Lot...

Sniffer Dog

Vital Squad Member
Hobbs, Vaughan, Cohen, Ward, Traore, Lam, Manciene, Henderson, Clough, Walker, Grant, Etimov, Bouchalakis, Vellios. 14 players! Granted, 3 or 4 are out of contract. I haven't even mentioned Mckay and Cummings (I would try and get rid of both). That takes the total to 16.

As you say some are coming to the end of their contracts. Some may agree to early termination of their contracts and others can just be made available for free or minimal fees.

There are a few players you have mentioned that other clubs will want but we may have to grin and bear it for a season or two with the rest.

Hobbs, Vaughan, Cohen, Ward, Traore, Lam, Manciene, Henderson, Clough, Walker, Grant, Etimov, Bouchalakis, Vellios. 14 players! Granted, 3 or 4 are out of contract. I haven't even mentioned Mckay and Cummings (I would try and get rid of both). That takes the total to 16.

Hobbs, Vaughan, Cohen & Henderson all out of contract.

Cummings & Lam - both of their loans have purchase options.

Ward & Traore will both be paid up.

Grant - Counteh want to make him a permanent signing.
Evtimov will be loaned out.

Clough & Walker will both get a chance in pre-season.

Vellios & Boucha - probably offloaded, if we can.

Not saying it's going to be easy, Vellios & Boucha may well be the harder of the players to move on.

Ward & Traore only have a year left and whilst they could well do a job here, I do think they'll be paid up & allowed to move on.

4 are out of contract plus Cummings & Lam deals should be concluded.

As I said - Counteh definitely want Grant & Evtimov should be loaned out.

Walker & Clough, both will be given a chance & then, if AK decides they won't feature - they'll be loaned out, along with some of the other youngsters.

murty wont be the manager during the summer for rangers so a new manager may have different ideas for a striker at rangers, although the fans want him. he has been 3rd choice striker behind miller but miller will retire.

fc twente are bottom of the dutch league. will they sign lam if relegated?

If Rangers dont sign Cummings (and we dont want him anymore) someone else in Scotland will take him...or even some L1 team...but no chance of getting our money back...same with McKay ... they are still young and someone will take a punt on them...if not permanently maybe on loan...

If Rangers dont sign Cummings (and we dont want him anymore) someone else in Scotland will take him...or even some L1 team...but no chance of getting our money back...same with McKay ... they are still young and someone will take a punt on them...if not permanently maybe on loan...

Cummings wants to stay at Rangers, who aren't exactly rolling in cash and the loan deal had a pre-agreed price, which would have seen us make a marginal profit.

Think he joined Rangers before MW sacked, so - could well be that AK wants to take a look at him?

McKay - I still think he is a decent player and I'd be staggered if we didn't make a profit on him!

Our problem has been a lack of physicality and with McKay, Clough, Osborn, Vaughan - the side was bullied far too easily.