How the fuck did Calderwood get us promoted? | Page 2 | Vital Football

How the fuck did Calderwood get us promoted?

Calderwood was dragging us back to grim League One until the KING :bow: arrived and brought in Turner in goal who saved a penalty at Oakwell to earn a point. Blackstock who got the winner (the catalyst for keeping us up) against Bristol City and won us a point at Blackpool. And Chrissy Gunter at right-back. Went unbeaten in the last six games and stayed up comfortably.

Ian turner was dreadful. He saved that penalty at oakwell but did his best to lose us the game against Bristol City when at 1-1 he needlessly, and by that I mean completely shambolically, came for a long ball edge of the box that was Kelvin Wilson’s all day long which he missed and they scored from. I’ll never forget the luck of disgust on kelvin Wilsons face.

Fortunately Garner and Blackstock scored. That Blackstock goal is still one of my favourite ever Forest moments... which says a lot.

Ian turner was dreadful. He saved that penalty at oakwell but did his best to lose us the game against Bristol City when at 1-1 he needlessly, and by that I mean completely shambolically, came for a long ball edge of the box that was Kelvin Wilson’s all day long which he missed and they scored from. I’ll never forget the luck of disgust on kelvin Wilsons face.

Fortunately Garner and Blackstock scored. That Blackstock goal is still one of my favourite ever Forest moments... which says a lot.
Unbelievable goal and unbelievable feeling.

I remember walking away from that thinking we could probably afford to get our arses handed to us at Brammal lane in the next game (they were going for promotion).

I went and we drew 0-0 with Kelvin sent off after a few minutes. I knew there was no way we were going down after that.

True story with Calderwood.

I was actually on my honeymoon when he got the sack and had no idea. I missed the boxing day game flying out and when we got back a few days later it was a taxi driver from the airport who told me he's been sacked. An already great honeymoon got ten times better

True story with Calderwood.

I was actually on my honeymoon when he got the sack and had no idea. I missed the boxing day game flying out and when we got back a few days later it was a taxi driver from the airport who told me he's been sacked. An already great honeymoon got ten times better

I'm surprised he didn't get sacked at half time in that game.

Unbelievable goal and unbelievable feeling.

I remember walking away from that thinking we could probably afford to get our arses handed to us at Brammal lane in the next game (they were going for promotion).

I went and we drew 0-0 with Kelvin sent off after a few minutes. I knew there was no way we were going down after that.

A headbutt on a younger Greg Halford that saw him get red. I think I felt fairly comfortable after that draw too but I remember being in Spain and trying to get updates on the Coventry home game after. Perch got the winner to all but assure survival.

A headbutt on a younger Greg Halford that saw him get red. I think I felt fairly comfortable after that draw too but I remember being in Spain and trying to get updates on the Coventry home game after. Perch got the winner to all but assure survival.

How is that new bike of yours chap?

Yes, I remember the look on Wilson's face. I genuinely thought he was going to knock him out, although perhaps the visible neck tattoo didn't help my perception of the situation.